SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19 - VOTE NOW

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19  

754 members have voted

1. 1. The membership this season is £90. Do you feel this is price is about right?

• No - Too Expensive
    • Yes - It's priced about right
  2. 2. Will you be getting a membership this season?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does the pricing of the membership alone affect your decision to buy a membership

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Would you use the megastore vouchers that come with the Membership package? (you can't use them to buy replica shirts)

• Yes - I'd use the vouchers
    • No - I'd not use the vouchers
  5. 5. Do you usually buy a membership?

• Yes
    • No I don't

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If the club prices fans out of memberships and then goes on a great run of results fans will end up paying even more for games = more ££££ in the bank for SWFC

And if results are poor fans are deterred even more and cash flow dwindles. 

I can only echo a lot of statements on here. Used to have a season ticket, even had an away st for a few years, not been to many matches in the last few seasons for various reasons. 

I can afford £90 but on principal Chansiri can stick it up his bum. I don't want vouchers for the tat in the club shop, especially when things are only available in Small or XXL. 

Personally I'll spend my weekends groundhopping in non league or completing the 92 club. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Sadly,the main conclusion in this sorry mess of the £90 Membership saga is that DC is making an absoute mess in running this football club and it's ultimately all going to end in tears unless he admits to getting it all wrong on not just this issue but others as well.:duntmatter:

4 hours ago, Mole said:

Personally I'll spend my weekends groundhopping in non league or completing the 92 club. 

I can have a decent afternoon out with £20 at the nearest non league team from me. That’s including getting there and back, a couple of pints, a programme and the match itself.

Like many others I was brought up with Saturday’s being Football day - Whether that be going to a match or simply making do with the old Radio Two MW coverage followed by sports report.

I’d love to keep on doing that with Wednesday but having not being able to renew my season ticket this season it felt like Chansiri had given me a great big kick in the stomach when the membership prices were announced along with prices for the first home game.

If that’s his attitude towards supporters that can’t go every week then he doesn’t deserve any support. I would have liked to have gone to the first match, but £39 on the kop won’t be getting me to part with my money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PeteG_1984 said:

Taking away all the stuff that's been said about FFP and previous financial mistakes, as an open market value, the £90 membership of our club is simply way off.

Or put it another way,excessive rises in the cost of following SWFC, be it POTG,Membership schemes and season tickets which is totally pricing out the traditional Working class supporter out of the game is just another form of social cleansing tbh.And i hate to use that as a way on what is happening at the present at S6 but that's the only way that i can express my utter frustration.:duntmatter::duntmatter:

7 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Id love to know how many of these rip off memberships they have managed to shift so far ? 

Looking at the poll results so far  ( at approx. 10.15 on Sunday evening ), of the 490 respondents, 261 indicated that they usually buy a membership. Only 21 of these indicated that they will be doing so this year - around 8 %.

Whilst I accept that Owlstalk might well not be representative of the wider fan base as a whole, if I was Mr Chansiri,  I'd be choking on my tuna sandwich tonight.

3 hours ago, Stoop said:

People are saying that you have to attend 18 of 23 home games to make this worthwhile. If that’s the case then it’s ridiculously expensive 

Yet another own goal

I calculated it at 14 games I think, and based on last season's average cheapest match ticket (£32) you'd have to spend north of £360 to make buying a membership worthwhile. 

Another £100 and you could have got an early bird Kop ST - which itself is ridiculously expensive. 

Edited by KivoOwl

54 minutes ago, lowedges-owl said:

Not read all of this thread, so someone may have mentioned it already. But its only £32 for membership at Man U. £36 at Liverpool

And dare I say it £30 it the S**hole down the road.

DC - You've got it all wrong mate!

Yep, sad to say it, but it's true dem from down the road treat their fans alot better than we do.

1 hour ago, lowedges-owl said:

Not read all of this thread, so someone may have mentioned it already. But its only £32 for membership at Man U. £36 at Liverpool

You can't really compare us with Premier League teams as they have the TV wealth allowing them to subsidise these things but I'll wager that we are the most expensive in the football league by some margin.

1 hour ago, lowedges-owl said:

He will never admit he is wrong just to save face. Remember the statement he release before Carlos was away?

It's all about his ego, and how not to lose face when it all goes t!ts up. We need someone to come in who knows how to run a football club and has been there and done it before. The manager gets little information about the transfer policy or has been told to shut up about. We sign players based on a scatter gun recruitment policy whilst overlooking what we actually need and then expect the fans to pay stupid prices to maintain his golden boy image. Not going to bother with a membership and he can shove his prices further up his Jaxie then any poorly assembled team of his can hope to finish in the league.

Its so disheartening reading what other supporters are saying about this up coming season and not buying a MC card or tickets due to the increase in costs across the board - season tickets, kit, membership ..

Even under Allen, where it was almost Chairman Vs The Fans, us, the fans still felt togetherness and desire to go to the games to support the team and stick together ... solidarity ...

Now there are a lot of people becoming disillusioned with DC's running of the club with the ever increasing prices to help sustain the club, battle overspending and making the fans pay for it all. Massive divides in the club with the for and against as well ...

All this is having a negative impact on the fan base and its a pity that the Chairman and his cohorts don't see this otherwise the atmosphere will start becoming very toxic indeed ...

On 27/07/2018 at 12:06, @owlstalk said:

I think if all Wednesday fans hold their nerve a bit and stick together the club will have to revisit this one

Seems to me the strategy is to push people into buying season tickets .

Membership will have so few takers at £90 it will then be discontinued.

Having manipulated fans into the season ticket habit the prices could then be increased disproportionately in future years.

If that turns out to be the way it’s going then we  the fans would have to withdraw our support  for such schemes to change these decisions. Looks like membership at £90 is being shunned, as was the other daft scheme to lend the club money in exchange for a plaque and a promise of season tickets at some time in the future.

Have to conclude that Chansiri has lost the plot since his dream of promotion died at Wembley.