SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19 - VOTE NOW

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19  

754 members have voted

1. 1. The membership this season is £90. Do you feel this is price is about right?

• No - Too Expensive
    • Yes - It's priced about right
  2. 2. Will you be getting a membership this season?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does the pricing of the membership alone affect your decision to buy a membership

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Would you use the megastore vouchers that come with the Membership package? (you can't use them to buy replica shirts)

• Yes - I'd use the vouchers
    • No - I'd not use the vouchers
  5. 5. Do you usually buy a membership?

• Yes
    • No I don't

On 31/07/2018 at 17:35, supersiggi said:

With the reported FFP meeting this week I would have thought he'd want to make memberships more attractive - not less. 

Surely if we'd shifted upwards of 5,000 plus in the last fortnight he could use that as an indicator to the EFL of expected incomings this season.

If he wants to keep high POTG prices he could have made membership £30 with £5 off every game. £5 off a shirt in the shop. Priority for cup games, big matches, play offs etc. Something with real tangible benefits. 

You'd get people buying who have the intention of attending games and also those who live miles away or abroad and still want to feel part of something.

I can't believe 3 years down the line DC hasn't clocked on to how important momentum and positivity on and off the park is.

£30?, I’d have been all in if they were at £50 still and I can’t get to matches but your point on discounts still stands. 

Edited by themaskedowl

£50 was the limit .. priciest option without being too excessive. To then bump it up to £90 is absolutely preposterous ...

has there been no research in to the financial demographic of south yorkshire or even just in general to get the fans on board ..

if you had a membership that was competitive, as well as offering good discounts of kit, sale items and other stuff at the club, you'd see a lot of season ticket holders purchasing it as well ...

now it just seems like a pointless expensive worthless option the club ...

On 03/08/2018 at 09:32, MaliceInBlunderland said:

Quite frankly, I'm absolutely staggered that as many as 28 people (at current count) think this is priced correctly!!!

WTF!

I don’t think many have tried to justify it in any detail though. Just clicked a button. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
52 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I would imagine that the radio commentary deal thing is even madder

I bet it's about 6 grand that was the money being discussed 

Reliably informed its less

12 hours ago, Geedee said:

And that's the nonsense of it all this upset, an entire segment of fans alienated for what in football terms is bugger all. 

But GeeDee ... it's not "bugger all" to some fans with a family and a fixed wage.

BTW ... it is many years since football as we know it had any:

"....terms"

morals

ethics

values

principles

conscience ..... I could go on ...

12 minutes ago, Davetherave said:

That may be doing "many" an injustice and is extremely condescending in any case.

I meant they have clicked the button to vote but they haven’t posted about it.  So I haven’t done anybody an injustice or been condescending. Just stated a fact.

37 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I meant they have clicked the button to vote but they haven’t posted about it.  So I haven’t done anybody an injustice or been condescending. Just stated a fact.

Really ... so we now have to post to prove justification when answering a survey  .... so that's alright then.

Are you sure you have a single "fact" to hand, never mind stating one  ... or will that generate another reply

starting with "I meant".

Perhaps you should be a little clearer and more careful when posting about hundreds of Wednesdayites.

Show a bit more respect and get your facts together.

2 minutes ago, Davetherave said:

Really ... so we now have to post to prove justification when answering a survey  .... so that's alright then.

Are you sure you have a single "fact" to hand, never mind stating one  ... or will that generate another reply

starting with "I meant".

Perhaps you should be a little clearer and more careful when posting about hundreds of Wednesdayites.

Show a bit more respect and get your facts together.

So angry. 

:carlosswfc:

29 people, so far, say it's priced about right. Not hundreds.  And nope you/they don't have to post any justification at at all. Where did I say you had to?  I just said nobody has. Feel free though.

1 hour ago, Davetherave said:

But GeeDee ... it's not "bugger all" to some fans with a family and a fixed wage.

BTW ... it is many years since football as we know it had any:

"....terms"

morals

ethics

values

principles

conscience ..... I could go on ...

I think you misunderstood me, the 240k is bugger all to the club. 

£40 to someone who is skint is not bugger all.