SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19 - VOTE NOW

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19  

754 members have voted

1. 1. The membership this season is £90. Do you feel this is price is about right?

• No - Too Expensive
    • Yes - It's priced about right
  2. 2. Will you be getting a membership this season?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does the pricing of the membership alone affect your decision to buy a membership

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Would you use the megastore vouchers that come with the Membership package? (you can't use them to buy replica shirts)

• Yes - I'd use the vouchers
    • No - I'd not use the vouchers
  5. 5. Do you usually buy a membership?

• Yes
    • No I don't

50 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Seems to me the strategy is to push people into buying season tickets .

Long term yeah
I think short term the idea could be to put the membership price up prohibitively high, and then pray to god that Jos gets off to a flyer.

If he wins the first five games and we sit top of the league then people will want to go regardless of price and that's more £££ for the club

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Long term yeah
I think short term the idea could be to put the membership price up prohibitively high, and then pray to god that Jos gets off to a flyer.

If he wins the first five games and we sit top of the league then people will want to go regardless of price and that's more £££ for the club

A whole risky strategy based on an ‘if’ sort of sums up the current regime.

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Long term yeah

Well if that's the strategy imo it's ridiculous.

Firstly if we are top of the league after 5 games it's a big assumption that the 6,000 members of last year will all renew. 

Secondly even if they all renew we are talking about 240k including vat in football terms that's almost irrelevant. 

Thirdly re strategy of turning more of the fan base into season ticket holders. we have just about doubled the number of season ticket holders in the last 5 years I don't believe for 1 minute that the members that are left are predominantly made up of potential season ticket holders (there obviously will be some). A lot members live away, work weekends, have other commitments etc.

ie that is why they are not already season ticket holders

41 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not saying it was just more a guess as I can't get my head around the pricing of the membership this year

same goes with matchday tickets. Absolute disgrace those prices.  

With the reported FFP meeting this week I would have thought he'd want to make memberships more attractive - not less. 

Surely if we'd shifted upwards of 5,000 plus in the last fortnight he could use that as an indicator to the EFL of expected incomings this season.

If he wants to keep high POTG prices he could have made membership £30 with £5 off every game. £5 off a shirt in the shop. Priority for cup games, big matches, play offs etc. Something with real tangible benefits. 

You'd get people buying who have the intention of attending games and also those who live miles away or abroad and still want to feel part of something.

I can't believe 3 years down the line DC hasn't clocked on to how important momentum and positivity on and off the park is.

Dc appears to be a decent bloke, pumped a lot of money into the club but, as running the club like a cannery is something very different. He either doesn't accept advice or he is being badly advised with most of his decision making. Again it smacks of  'Its my toy and only mine to play with'  Well he will be right up sh8t street when the results don't come and attendances drop.

I feel fortunate this season, I have had a membership for a number of years as I work shifts. I worked out last season that with the membership and prices it would have been cheaper to buy a season ticket, so this year I did and boy am I glad I did because there's no way I would have paid £90. It has also made me a bit more forward in getting time off for games. To think 3 years ago it was £30 for a membership.

On 30/07/2018 at 18:57, Geedee said:

Well if that's the strategy imo it's ridiculous.

Firstly if we are top of the league after 5 games it's a big assumption that the 6,000 members of last year will all renew. 

Secondly even if they all renew we are talking about 240k including vat in football terms that's almost irrelevant. 

Thirdly re strategy of turning more of the fan base into season ticket holders. we have just about doubled the number of season ticket holders in the last 5 years I don't believe for 1 minute that the members that are left are predominantly made up of potential season ticket holders (there obviously will be some). A lot members live away, work weekends, have other commitments etc.

ie that is why they are not already season ticket holders

It would surely be worth a lot more than 240k? If 5-6000 people become members?