#SHIRTGATE

Just now, SiJ said:

So...Which parts of this thread are true and which parts up are made up shybo from the usual lot?

The kit isn't fully on sale, we know that much. 

Have there been full scale brawls in the megastors with the SYP Swat team called in? Or is that Neil using his creative licence? 

Penistone Road is on lockdown, the helicopter is up and a young mum, her 2 toddlers and their nan have just been tasered as they were taunting the crowds with their new shirts and creating havoc.

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So...Which parts of this thread are true and which parts are made up shybo from the usual lot?

The kit isn't fully on sale, we know that much. 

Have there been full scale brawls in the megastore with the SYP Swat team called in? Or is that Neil using his creative licence? 

The kit is partially on sale, some communications have been bad, there are a lot of threads about it and the usual folk are posting with their dobblers in hand. All is normal.

Just now, Sonny said:

The kit is partially on sale, some communications have been bad, there are a lot of threads about it and the usual folk are posting with their dobblers in hand. All is normal.

I figured as much.

Complete wee wee tail up from the club, but the reports of MMA style fights breaking out in the megastore might be slightly exaggerated. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep

It's finally actually really happened in Sheffield

And even worse it's being defended by fellow fans

What's going to be the next tiered/VIP offering? Toilets?

The have’s and have nots our very own version of segregation, we have got bored of looking down our noses at the pigs so we now do it amongst our own. It’s maggies fault.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zzmdu said:

This ^.

Was prepared (today) to spend up £100 for a full kit for my 12 year old.

Not going to bother; if it costs more for the delux version.

Not going to be ripped off; or settle for a cheaper imitation. So won't do either.

Kits are a great equaliser; worn by kids from all classes.

Not going to go for this delux or cheap version trick/poo .

It starting to feel like SWFIUA.

Was my thoughts too.

Wasn't willing to go more than 65 & that was for a propper shirt. Not some sort of copy.

Its Elev8 FFS. They are taking the wee wee.

Edited by mark.flem

3 minutes ago, mark.flem said:

Was my thoughts too.

Wasn't willing to go more than 65 & that was for a propper shirt. Not some sort of copy.

Its Elev8 FFS. They are taking the wee wee.

You are aware that the £59 kit is the same quality as all the other kits we've previously sold in the club shop... right? 

It's not an inferior shirt to any other previous replica kits you've bought. It just so happens that this year, there's an option to purchase something of better quality than you would have had access to previously if you have the inclination and money to do so. 

Why do people think that the £59 is a lesser product than previous years? 

1 hour ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I disagree.  For the replica shirt; there should be one design.  Why do something that is going to divide the fanbase for the sake a few hundred quid?

I can't believe that in Sheffield there will be much demand for a £99 shirt.  

Come on now, lets not over-react...

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep

It's finally actually really happened in Sheffield

And even worse it's being defended by fellow fans

What's going to be the next tiered/VIP offering? Toilets?

The Pro Shirt is aimed at the kit lovers and those who take the whole thing that extra bit more seriously.  It is a marketing ploy for those who want the "real thing" and only means anything to those that "know".

Stop peddling divisive b0llocks to create negativity and traffic.

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

You do have to wonder if DC has ever had a proper job. How bloody hard can it be to organise a simple kit launch? They’ve had a flipping year and a dreadful experience last season to get it right. 

Didn’t you know he sweeps the corridors in Tuna central.

But don’t underestimate that, the sweeper upper at NASA helps put a man on the moon(allegedly).

10 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

You are aware that the £59 kit is the same quality as all the other kits we've previously sold in the club shop... right? 

It's not an inferior shirt to any other previous replica kits you've bought. It just so happens that this year, there's an option to purchase something of better quality than you would have had access to previously if you have the inclination and money to do so. 

Why do people think that the £59 is a lesser product than previous years? 

Up until a couple of years ago that £59 version was never more than £40. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bark1062 said:

Beautiful.....the stylists have excelled with this.

Just think of the countless hours spent in "Elevates Garden Shed" unpicking last season's kit to sew the striped front on for this season to meet the deadline for Owls in the Park...

Gotta feel sorrry for the bloke ?

Maybe DC is there unpicking with him hence the no show?

:Chansiri: +  :CEO:  = :carlos:

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Up until a couple of years ago that £59 version was never more than £40. 

But that doesn't matter because the poster I quoted said he was willing to go up to £65! :biggrin:

Price and value for money is a different discussion entirely. My argument is that the £59 product isn't "inferior" in any way to previously available shirts... not that the £59 product is good value for money.