#SHIRTGATE

1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

We could easily have avoided the first bit of your post I have quoted then parents wouldn’t have to grow a pair. Why make it harder for people to part with their cash. Makes no sense other than incompetency again.

Second but I’ve quoted, agree completely.

To be fair, again I can't say you're really wrong. 

It's dumb and you'd have to argue the club have made a rod for their own back with poor communication. Whilst I think parents should just be like "Look Jimmy, it's not happening, get over it", it is absolutely poor form that the club have put parents in the position of having to say that because the club never said "by the way, probably be a couple of weeks yet". 

But it's hardly Watergate levels like some are making out on here. 

People moaned last year when the club held back kits until enough stock was available to meet expected demented, meaning we were very unlikely to sell out. The club were labelled “idiots” for not releasing the stock they had as soon as it arrived. 

This year the club, yet again, listen to the fans. They take this on board and release the sizes/styles they have on the ground in time for a big FREE day out they have planed... and yet again, people are moaning. Enjoy your weekend. If you want the kit get one. If they don’t have your size order it when they do. Some folk are never happy. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

It’s a complete own goal from the Club. After last year’s mess, they should have got a massive level of stock ready and available to buy today and it would’ve been a huge day of sales given it’s OITP.

Now we only have £99 shirts available and everyone is talking about this. Why are these superior shirts available and the normal shirts not? Why release this on Saturday night?

We are so disorganised and unprofessional as a Club, it’s concerning.

And thats the issue.

It smacks of ripping the fans off yet again, along with a huge dollop of incompetence.

4 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Kind of confusing the issue a bit.  How many people identify by the supermarket they support, or the cookies they buy?

Also, seat pricing is a different issue as you are paying for different views, facilities etc.  Yes, with the two shirts you are getting different shirts but my point is that there should not be different shirts.  One shirt, well designed and made at an appropriate price point will sell itself without all the debate we've had this morning.

Ok, let’s try another. 150th year picture: print v canvas. One was significantly cheaper than the other. 

Some people purchased the print, some people purchased the canvas, 

We’ll have agree to disagree on this one. I’m on a train to London with the missus, she’s giving me the evils for being sat on Owlstalk. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I mean... obviously the shirts they've previously sold in the club shop are far inferior to what the players actually wear on matchdays lol 

You didn't seriously think what you can get off a shelf for 50 quid is the same product that professional Championship players wear... did you? 

Well.. yeah.  How much do you think it costs to get some cambodian kids to make a football shirt for a 'professional championship player'?  £50 still provides an enormous profit margin.

Edited by owlinexile

1 minute ago, Smog said:

People moaned last year when the club held back kits until enough stock was available to meet expected demented, meaning we were very unlikely to sell out. The club were labelled “idiots” for not releasing the stock they had as soon as it arrived. 

This year the club, yet again, listen to the fans. They take this on board and release the sizes/styles they have on the ground in time for a big FREE day out they have planed... and yet again, people are moaning. Enjoy your weekend. If you want the kit get one. If they don’t have your size order it when they do. Some folk are never happy. 

Typical football fan attitude that though moan at everything.

As mentioned before I don't expect Wednesday to ever pull through. We always wee wee tail it up.

Price is neither here nor there. It's retrospective. You either want it, will buy it, want it but can't afford it. That's life. However, it's the fact that yet again we appear to have screwed up. Seriously, how many shirts would the club have shifted today had ALL options been available?

Or, do the club view it that people will STILL purchase it when it's available regardless of owls in the park? 

Today has been advertised as kit launch day for months.

It wasn't advertised as 100 quid kit launch day, and weve lost the 60 quid shirts again somewhere in Asia.

I say lost, as if it gets out that they have deliberately been held back to push the 100 quid ones, then someone wants sacking.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

ULTIMATELY THO....

How many other businesses have you ever seen in your entire life have handled a launch like this?

Agreed!

If this was your Club, would you have thousands of shirts available to buy on our annual event?

Everybody walking around the park with their new shirts on. It isn’t rocket science, it’s very simple business acumen.

To have the superior shirts available and not the normal shirts is ridiculous. It really is! 95% of our fan base can not justify paying that much. Moreover, even if you could, paying £99 for a football kit feels like im being ripped off.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

ULTIMATELY THO....

How many other businesses have you ever seen in your entire life have handled a launch like this?

Lots of people aren't glued to the internet like you or I. I think the reaction from a lot of fans at the limited stock availability today is ridiculous... But equally the club must have known what was going to be available a couple of days ago... How ruddy hard is it to inform people of what stock is going to be available when you do the press release advertising the new kit? I would have thought that's a bare minimum requirement. I can only presume quite a few people have travelled to Hillsborough today not knowing about last night's announcement on stock. 

Reyt odd one.