#SHIRTGATE

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Today has been advertised as kit launch day for months.

It wasn't advertised as 100 quid kit launch day, and weve lost the 60 quid shirts again somewhere in Asia.

I say lost, as if it gets out that they have deliberately been held back to push the 100 quid ones, then someone wants sacking.

It hasn’t been advertised as anything if the sort for months, at all. Feel free to show otherwise. I know this sort of ‘scandal’ is your favourite past time but there’s no need to just make stuff up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

How many phones did they sell before this happened?

i find it hard to believe that anyone thinks this kit release (on top of last years farce) has been 100% successful 

Oh I dunno probably a few. People are idiots eith them too.

But yes you are correct. It's not a success at all.

10 hours ago, Miruic said:

But there will be people who would have bought a shirt tomorrow that now never will. We will not get more money. Very few will spend £99 on a shirt so instead of tomorrow being our biggest day of shirt sales we’ll sell hardly any and make very little money.  

Its seems foolish to try and package this as a marketing masterstoke when everyone can clearly see its as a result of us failing to get an adequate number of shirt available for release. 

What makes it more frustrating is that we were promised last season that the club had learnt from their mistakes and we all know the situation with ffp that surely would be helped by improved merch sales. 

Absolutely spot on  

Just now, Sonny said:

It hasn’t been advertised as anything if the sort for months, at all. Feel free to show otherwise. I know this sort of ‘scandal’ is your favourite past time but there’s no need to just make stuff up.

If you haven't realised yet, scandal is what makes this forum go round.

Suppose cos the good stuff isn't as interesting to talk about lol

I can't believe the club have done this! Last night my clique were buzzing because I'd promised them all a home shirt which would see us climb the Owlstalk social ladder but this has scuppered my plans. Oh well, it looks like play-off final shirts all around.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Why is there a queue of people that’s mysteriously rocked up on a Sunday to buy the new shirt?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why is there a queue of people that’s mysteriously rocked up on a Sunday to buy the new shirt?

So you’re saying it has been advertised as shirt launch day for months? Just pull up some links then. Shouldn’t be difficult.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah

When people said "no stripes on back", I presumed it'd be akin to the picture Birley showed in another thread of I think either Southampton or Athletico Madrid in their "non-striped back" kit... which had stripes on the bottom bit and then a big red square for the number and name. No stripes at all on back = 9/10 turning into a 7/10 kit IMO.

Not worth 99 quid now... 

Edited by StudentOwl

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So you’re saying it has been advertised as shirt launch day for months? Just pull up some links then. Shouldn’t be difficult.

In a way you could understand the c0ck up if it had been advertised for months.

Thought in April it would be available, turns out it isn’t ready yet.

But to tell everybody in the week leading up to it and then not deliver on it.....

Especially after last year....

Isn’t exactly a cunning plan.

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

In a way you could understand the c0ck up if it had been advertised for months.

Thought in April it would be available, turns out it isn’t ready yet.

But to tell everybody in the week leading up to it and then not deliver on it.....

Especially after last year....

Isn’t exactly a cunning plan.

Yeah agree it’s a bit of a cöck up. No need for people to just make stuff up though.

Not seen it advertised as Launch day, but be honest, other than last season's disaster, OiTP has been Launch day for a few years.

It's understood now, and the initial kit reveal yesterday just enforced that.

Putting out a badly written article late the evening before, just isn't good enough.

Look on Social Media, there's people traveling from far and wide for their kit. It's a Family thing, a Supporter tradition.

Why play that down?

Was gonna go myself, buy my Nephew and the MIssus's 2 Grandsons a shirt. Maybe myself too.

I booked the day off for it. 

It's not the end of the world, but it's just rubbish, and after last year, it's just more disappointment, hardly fills you with confidence about those running things, when they get the basics wrong again and again.

They should have either hard launched it or not bothered at all.

The soft launch will create just as much flack as no launch.

The kit should only have gone on sale when there was at least some reasonable levels of stock available of all types and sizes.

DC has to realise that there are two groups of fans that this stuff is really important to, the avid shirt buyers and the ones who lap this type of bad decision making up and both take it all very seriously.