Harsh on Fletch?!

Just stumbled across this article having a bit of a pop at Fletcher. I admit that his finest days are probably behind him; but I do find it a little harsh to analyse his goal scoring tally last season and not even mention the fact he was injured for most of it! 

what does everyone else think? 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/has-he-not-retired-2-7m-rated-striker-and-sheffield-wednesday-the-verdict/

"After two season’s of playoff standard football, they watched their side trudge to midtable mediocrity with a 15th place finish.

A lack of goalscorers was a big part of the problem at Hillsborough. Top scorer, Atdhe Nuhiu only chalked up 11 goals with Gary Hooper also chipping in with ten.

£2.7m-rated Steven Fletcher is somebody who failed to deliver massively last season. The experienced Scot was brought in to score goals yet only managed two.

In the 2016/17 season, he saw a much better return, scoring ten goals. But his form is clearly beginning to slip massively.

So is his time up at Hillsborough? Or can he rediscover his touch?"

2 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

There will be somebody along shortly saying summat like "tells it like it is" should never have signed him blah,blah f-----g blah !

to be honest we should have never signed him! so its nice to see an article telling it like it is.

3 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

We’ve got 8 or 9 centre forwards on our books. Lack of meaningful creativity and guile rather than numbers is the issue.

jury's our for me on that one; last year we had so many injuries it was stupid! as soon as bazza and FF came back we looked like a different side full of creativity

14 minutes ago, Woodyowl450 said:

Just stumbled across this article having a bit of a pop at Fletcher. I admit that his finest days are probably behind him; but I do find it a little harsh to analyse his goal scoring tally last season and not even mention the fact he was injured for most of it! 

what does everyone else think? 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/has-he-not-retired-2-7m-rated-striker-and-sheffield-wednesday-the-verdict/

"After two season’s of playoff standard football, they watched their side trudge to midtable mediocrity with a 15th place finish.

A lack of goalscorers was a big part of the problem at Hillsborough. Top scorer, Atdhe Nuhiu only chalked up 11 goals with Gary Hooper also chipping in with ten.

£2.7m-rated Steven Fletcher is somebody who failed to deliver massively last season. The experienced Scot was brought in to score goals yet only managed two.

In the 2016/17 season, he saw a much better return, scoring ten goals. But his form is clearly beginning to slip massively.

So is his time up at Hillsborough? Or can he rediscover his touch?"

Beet me to it i dawn it earlier how can he score goals when he’s injured lol 

20 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I actually think Fletcher has been class since getting here.

what makes you think that? Because he missed most of last season with injury and the season before, despite us finishing 4th, he only scored 10.