BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

2 hours ago, agentwalker said:

5 mill?? We got offered peanuts around £1 mill for a young promising player who had been scoring for fun in the youth teams and England. Dam right we rejected it.

£5 million was what someone was claiming the compensation figure would have been, my point was that people are making up nonsense. A million would have been better than what we've ended up with having not played him all season and probably would have been more than the compensation figure had he gone to an english club. The owner gambled and lost.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Ive always thought we need a mix of both.  With more physicality in the centre of the park but CC was very dogmatic. Nonetheless I didn’t think that GH was the answer at the time and the natural time for him would’ve been the season coming.

Anyway, let’s assume it’s purely down to the reasons you suggest ie he can’t get through to the first team (although he probably could under Jos) and wanted more money. Why move to Belgium ahead of other options?

He looked lightyears off at cambridge,headless chicken???

Yeah belgium,and division 2 with 2k gates,great move

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Is it just me but ...I’m glad to see the back of him...if they don’t want to play for Wednesday....get rid !!!!

its not just you bud,its just the way its been done is so shoddy,its amatuer......we like to think as a club and a set of fans,wed do it proper

16 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Not by me. I wanted pace and youth to be given a chance to compliment the experience we already had.

Agreed, I’ve been calling for Joao to be given a run of games for ages, thankfully under Jos he got that and we are reaping the rewards.

nope Hugh you are not alone mate, ,can't see what all the fuss was about yep he scored a few goals for the kids ,but nothing suggests he would do that in the first team ,he made his choice(or his dad did) and he is gone  , sorry but we have far better tried and tested players on the books  in front of him that have proved they are up to the job , methinks the truth is he tried to run before he could walk  and this is the result

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Sometimes in business you have to go against the grain.

Going out of the structure for Hirst and tying him to a long term deal, and not signing Rhodes or Abdi? I guarantee if we picked the first option we wouuld not now be worrying about having to sell FF or Bannan.

With all due respect mate, anyone going for Hirst (then 17 years old) above signing proven Championship quality when the goal was promotion, is Football Manager talk.

Obviously, those two signings didn’t work out - and hindsight is a great thing.

But I’m glad our owner had the ambition to sign that calibre of player, rather than pinning our hopes on a 17 year old boy with no football league experience.

Odds are young Hirst won’t live up to the hype and he’ll go the direction of 95% of “hot prospects” and turn up at Hallam FC when he hits his mid-20’s. That’s assuming he fancies showing his face around Sheffield after this move - be a lot of angry folk around who won’t forget and will go overboard in their reaction.

At last, we can move on.

Guest Arcadianrocket
7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Agreed, I’ve been calling for Joao to be given a run of games for ages, thankfully under Jos he got that and we are reaping the rewards.

Same. Have always backed Joao.

7 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

maybe the case but not like any English club were going to have to pay 5 million for him. Compo would have reached 750k at best.

Fair comment but thats £750k we havent got for him. Our current financial situation dictates that we are counting every penny. If theres under the counter dealing with this move, then Pearson and Leicester can both roger off.

4 minutes ago, The Captain said:

@MAL Debate the posts, rather than dishing out multiple negs.

There’s a good lad, eh.

Can't get much right can you.

Have a look, it is not a neg, it says disagree.

Debating with a troll, who just moves the goalposts every time is not my idea of fun, thanks.

25 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Oops, wrong again.  The below post is an opinion - hence the “I think...”

Really not hard to grasp lol

So instead of saying it has been well documented, you're saying you think it has been well documented? How is that any different? It either has been well documented or it hasn't. And what about the common knowledge part, was that an opinion too?

51 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Sometimes in business you have to go against the grain.

Going out of the structure for Hirst and tying him to a long term deal, and not signing Rhodes or Abdi? I guarantee if we picked the first option we wouuld not now be worrying about having to sell FF or Bannan.

How the hell can you guarantee that?  Absolute poppycock.

10 minutes ago, malek said:

Fair play to George, after way our club threated him, he got every right to put one over us regarding comensation fee...

I just hope they will go public regarding whole situation.

Me an all I'm desperate to know the truth. 

I especially can't wait till the truth comes out about this bit

"The whole situation involving George’s advisors has been disruptive, as was another party close to George who used unacceptable foul and abusive language to a senior member of our academy staff."

Chansiri 

and call the chairman out as a liar. Coz then I'll genuinly have sympathy wi em.  

In fact id love em to go through his statement  paragraph by paragraph and say which bits aren't true. 

Edited by DEH9

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.