BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

4 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

David Hirst has been to a few functions in  the Sheffield area over the time this saga has dragged on,and stated to a fair few fans that asked the question why GH wouldnt sign a new contract,that it wasnt about money,and that the club had insisted on certain clauses

What was it then?

Or have I got to buy you a pint an all!:ph34r:

• Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Guest Arcadianrocket
Just now, Bluesteel said:

It doesn’t need to break the bank. If you set a wage structure whereby players of a certain age and status can only earn X you need to stick to it. Otherwise the rest of the squad wants more money too in comparison. 

Wednesday were right to stand firm against causing that kind of issue in my view as long as the offer was in line with what a decent championship youngster earns. It’s up to Hirst to then go and prove himself on loan and earn the money that way.

That of course leaves us open to the prem teams who could out bid us anyway even if we started chasing our tail and offered him 10k a week. But that’s where we are in the food chain. If he moved to Leicester for a decent wage and popped up in league one on loan it would rankle but make sense and taking the swfc specs off you can see that for what it is. But going to Belgium to prevent the club a fee is completely different. 

Sometimes in business you have to go against the grain.

Going out of the structure for Hirst and tying him to a long term deal, and not signing Rhodes or Abdi? I guarantee if we picked the first option we wouuld not now be worrying about having to sell FF or Bannan.

10 minutes ago, The Captain said:

How have I backtracked?

The club have let one of our best prospects run down his contract and leave for nowt.  That’s what you call a total balls up.

Thats pretty much what I posted ages ago before the likes of Watson and yourself started dissecting every single word of my posts.  That’s not what good quality debating is, IMO.

You went from an opinion, to "it's well documented", to "it's common knowledge" then back to an opinion. Now that he's going maybe we'll get his side of events.

4 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Never said,he wasnt addressing me,so I only heard from a distance

That's ok. I'm quite a distance from you now. 

So it it an ill try and have a neb 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Just now, Arcadianrocket said:

Sometimes in business you have to go against the grain.

Going out of the structure for Hirst and tying him to a long term deal, and not signing Rhodes or Abdi? I guarantee if we picked the first option we wouuld not now be worrying about having to sell FF or Bannan.

After losing at Wembley the answer was not to pin hopes on George Hirst. Both the signings of Abdi and Rhodes were seen as bringing in the quality required to get to the premier league and we were on the cusp of doing so. The path was blocked for Hirst but it wouldn’t have been now had he gone on loan and banged in a good few goals.

On Bannan and Forestieri I don’t think you can guarantee that at all.

Guest Arcadianrocket
Just now, Bluesteel said:

After losing at Wembley the answer was not to pin hopes on George Hirst. Both the signings of Abdi and Rhodes were seen as bringing in the quality required to get to the premier league and we were on the cusp of doing so. The path was blocked for Hirst but it wouldn’t have been now had he gone on loan and banged in a good few goals.

On Bannan and Forestieri I don’t think you can guarantee that at all.

Most of us saw that at the playoff final we lacked pace. Abdi and Rhodes were most certainly not the answers,

5 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

It's a shame our fans cannot wish him well and best of luck to the future. Especially as his dad is a legend.

I don't see why we should wish him well. Nor wish him ill. It's been a a pantomime, DC stood firm, which I applaud him for. His Dad was a legend on the pitch, he'll always be remembered for that. Only he knows if he gave himself 100% chance of being the best. Only he knows if he's the villain behind this; he could always come out in the press and tell his side of this story. But he wont, so I'm going to assume his heart really isn't with Wednesday anymore.

Not going to read 28 pages and doubt my post is very original.

We will never know exactly what happened.  Understanding is a three-edged sword after all; your side, their side and the truth.

From what I have read, and understood over the last few months... well for me, the Hirst name is done at this club.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Arcadianrocket said:

Most of us saw that at the playoff final we lacked pace. Abdi and Rhodes were most certainly not the answers,

Were straying into points that have been done to death post Wembley. But in short those two signings were welcomed by the vast majority and the general consensus was that if GH wanted to stay here he would get his chance when he was ready. 

We have lost out on compensation but it is eff all compared to how much we have thrown away on senior players. Some who could have  been over £100K a game

I blame everyone involved apart from the young kid. Most of us at that age would not have known how to handle control the situation when it all started. That is when it should have been sorted out. The longer it went on ,as with a lot of falling outs in life, the harder it is to rebuild relationships.

Hopefully all those concerned, learn from it for the better. 

Life's too short to, move on.

1 minute ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

We have lost out on compensation but it is eff all compared to how much we have thrown away on senior players. Some who could have  been over £100K a game

I blame everyone involved apart from the young kid. Most of us at that age would not have known how to handle control the situation when it all started. That is when it should have been sorted out. The longer it went on ,as with a lot of falling outs in life, the harder it is to rebuild relationships.

Hopefully all those concerned, learn from it for the better. 

Life's too short to, move on.

What if someone did an old pals act with one of the mods to get you removed from the site... would you think that's right?

17 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

I am sure what Hirst was asking for was not breaking the bank.

Not about one plauer breaking the bank thouh is it. 

The gaffer summed it up best...

On 01/02/2018 at 00:41, Lord Snooty said:

Meanwhile....in another Universe...

Club

You've done ever so well son. You've been scoring goals for fun with the kids and with your representative sides, we think you've earned a new deal. We'd like to offer you this. Good Huh?

Player Rep

No. Totally unacceptable. . He's been scoring goals for fun with the kids and with his representative sides, we think he's earned a new deal worth a bit more than that. .

Club

Ok then. What about this. Good eh?

Player Rep

No. That not acceptable to us.

Club

Ok. Ok. Tell you what. We'll make you an offer. An offer the kind of which this club has never before in it's history offered someone so young who hasn't played any mens football. Now then he, hows about that then!

Player Rep

No. Don't think so.

Club

Ok, ok lets stop with all the pissin about here. What do you want?

Player Rep

We want this...

Club

Holy Mary Mother of God are you having a laugh?!

Player Rep

That's what we want. That's what a player of £2m value is worth. You know the rule        of thumb. Value of player, split over 4 years.

Club

What value, he's an unproven kid!?  Whos says he's worth £2m?!

-Ring Ring, Ring Ring-

Club

Excuse me a moment, I'll just have to take this call. Hello....yes....Hirst?....no he's not for sale....£2m?...you can pisss right off old son.

Player Rep

So as I was saying. A £2m pound player is worth the fee split over four years. That's how we do things as a rule.

Club

Hang on. How did you know how much they were going to value him at. Have you been talking to them?

Player Rep

Oh. No we wouldn't do that....we're a dead honest lot us, guv,  The lads under      contract, that would be like, really underhand of us. Anyway. That's the deal we need.

Club

We can't do that.

Player Rep

Fine. That's that then. Never ring us again. He won't be signing for this club no     matter what you say.

Club

Ok. Ok. Bloody hell. You can have the deal. Just to keep the lad happy and the fans happy. He'll still be 7th choice striker mind.

Player Rep

Pleasure doing business with you.

++++++++++++++

Monday

Ring Ring, Ring Ring-

Club

Hello Mr Wildsmith....oh yes, the lads done exceptionally well. Oh yes, he's really come on leaps and bounds....no pun intended...ho hum....a new deal? Why?....well I suppose it is quite rare for a kid to establish himself as a Championship teams number one at such a young age......young Judd? Yes we have given him a new  deal....no...he isnt in the first team no ....yes...I know....Joe could play for us for 20 years.....yes....he has             done....ok, ok, I'll up it a bit...

Ring Ring, Ring Ring-

Club

Hello, who's that? Liam Palmer agent? What do you want?  Your player is a regular first team squad member, played over 100 games for the club at Championship level and is currently the clubs first choice right back....yes I know all that. .What do you mean he wants more    money....well yes I know but....yes, on the face of it I know it looks like he's getting less money as a first team regular than a kid who doesn't playbut....but....no...he can't leave we only have Jack Hunt and he's injured that'd really leave is in the shiiite....Ok....ok...yes.....but that would be a £10k pay rise just for parity.......ok...ok...... He can have another deal...yes...on slightly more than the kid who isn't going to be in the team.....ok..bye...yeah....bye

++++++++++++++++

Tuesday

Ring Ring, Ring Ring-

Club

Hello, who's that? Jack Hunts agent, what do you want?  Yeah, I know but he's only on a fraction less than what Liams now on. I know we signed him as first choice right back....well I know it might look a bit... but yeah, but....Well look I don't want him to leave...but....ok...ok....but just a few thousand more...

+++++++++++++++

Wednesday

Ring Ring, Ring Ring-

Club

Who am I speaking to please?  Pudils agent....yes I know the other full backs have had new deals but that wasn't.....yes I know he's an International player....I know    he's more versatile and can play centre half as well....look there's no need for that.....hang on...ok, ok....another £8k  a week, are you actually pooing me?.....no, no of course I don't want Fox as our only options at left back....but.....oh bloody hell...ok...ok....you can have it.

Ring Ring, Ring Ring-

Club

Hello! Adam Reaches agent....what the hell......he plays week in and week out and is never injured....well I know that....yes...but those....what do you mean left footed players are a rarer commodity? ...well yes I know he scores more goals than Pudil....but he plays higher up the park he's bound to....I know he's younger with a better sell on price.....Oh Jesus....go on        then....another 25%....but that's it!

++++++++++++++++++

Thursday

Ring Ring, Ring Ring-

Club

Hello, let me guess, are you an agent? Thought so....who are you representing....Hooper....right...oh yes youre quite right...goalscorers are indeed always the top earners at a football club....I know he's been our best player this year....yes....we probaly would be in the relegation zone, I quite agree....how much?!....well Norwich can't have him back.....offered two family          boxes....Christ on a bike....ok...how much....Bloody hell that'll make him one of the best earners in the division!....ok....ok

Ring Ring,  Ring Ring-

Club

What?! FFS....oh sorry love....no...I'm all right , I'll grab something from the chippy on      the way home. Ok. Bye love.

Ring Ri, Ring Ring-

Club

No I won't forget me house keys....oh Sorry ....I thought you were my wife...Fletcher...what about him...I know he was our big name signing, I should know       I signed him!....A new deal,    bloody hell he's been injured half the season......depression...what about....not valued? ...Hoopers agents told you what?....yes I know he's a full haggis International and ....oh FFS yes, yes have a new bloody deal then...if you really think it'll help him.....

++++++++++++

Friday

Knock, knock

Club

Come in....ah Andy, hows it going. How are the goalies today? ....oh good excellent, we've a great bunch haven't we....what do you mean your not here to talk about             them....you want to talk about your lad.....whys that?....well yes I know he's our record buy....yes...there is a prestige to being a clubs record signing.....needs to be paid like a prestige player not some freebie? ....blimey that's a bit harsh.....being paid less than the other stikers might destroy what's left of his fragile confidence?...bloody hell..... he's already our top earner......yes, no one wants him to hit form more than me.....yes I know it's about confidence and feeling valued....but..ye.....ok....another £10k

Saturday

Ring Ring, Ring  Ring Ring, Ring Ring-

Club

Answer the phone Jean! Tell them I'm not in! Jean. Jeeeeeean!! FFS

Hello?  Mr who....can you say that a bit slower.....Mr Forestieris agent...what do you mean he might not be able to play today?!?!.....yes I know he's been our top scorer two years on the.....he's what?!......he's looking in the Argos catalogue for a new bicycle.....yes, yes I get the f*cking message......FFS.....yeah tell him I'll double it.

+++++++++++ 

Monday

Knock knock,

Club

Come in. Ahh Jos!!  How are you, how are you? Lovely to see you.   Settling in ok?..... Good, good. Me, yes I've been very busy,        y'know, dealing with the money side of things......Oh, by the way, some good news, I've managed to sign the young lad up on a new deal. .....you've scouted some top young German players you'd like to bring in?.....look I'm sorry.....the budgets gone......we've just spunked £46m up the wall for the next four years on contract renewals.....what do you mean          ...you don't want some of them.....oh FFS

Saturday

Fan1

This chairman. I don't think he's got a clue about football. Fancy handing all them contracts out to old players we don't want/ Why on Earth has he done that?  It's not as if there is some fragile dressing room hierarchy that we don't understand is there?

Fan2

F*ck knows. The important thing is that we've got the young lad signed up. That's the main thing.

Fan1

Yeah...

• Haha 4

Guest Arcadianrocket
5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Were straying into points that have been done to death post Wembley. But in short those two signings were welcomed by the vast majority and the general consensus was that if GH wanted to stay here he would get his chance when he was ready. 

Not by me. I wanted pace and youth to be given a chance to compliment the experience we already had.

18 minutes ago, torryowl said:

we've been done like a kipper but lets be right it's not the end of the world is it ……we lose about a million quid a month so losing out on a paltry  tribunal fee isn't going to impact too much .

Exactly we be done up. But everytime we have lost a half decent player in the last 10 or 15 years we been done over money wise. so am used to it now.

16 minutes ago, Woozie said:

You went from an opinion, to "it's well documented", to "it's common knowledge" then back to an opinion. Now that he's going maybe we'll get his side of events.

Oops, wrong again.  The below post is an opinion - hence the “I think...”

Really not hard to grasp lol

1 hour ago, The Captain said:

I think it’s been well documented that the club’s hierarchy haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory over this saga.

6 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Not by me. I wanted pace and youth to be given a chance to compliment the experience we already had.

Ive always thought we need a mix of both.  With more physicality in the centre of the park but CC was very dogmatic. Nonetheless I didn’t think that GH was the answer at the time and the natural time for him would’ve been the season coming.

Anyway, let’s assume it’s purely down to the reasons you suggest ie he can’t get through to the first team (although he probably could under Jos) and wanted more money. Why move to Belgium ahead of other options?

Edited by Bluesteel