BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

10 minutes ago, Toon Owl said:

Fair comment but thats £750k we havent got for him. Our current financial situation dictates that we are counting every penny. If theres under the counter dealing with this move, then Pearson and Leicester can both roger off.

My point was more that if Leicester would have wanted him could have just had him. He probably will end up at Leicester eventually though.

5 minutes ago, MAL said:

Can't get much right can you.

Have a look, it is not a neg, it says disagree.

Debating with a troll, who just moves the goalposts every time is not my idea of fun, thanks.

Posting a genuine opinion that goes against the grain, and having to defending myself against trolling, isn’t my definition of a troll.

Not sure what it is that I’ve posted to rattle your cage so much tbh.  Oh well.

7 minutes ago, Woozie said:

So instead of saying it has been well documented, you're saying you think it has been well documented? How is that any different? It either has been well documented or it hasn't. And what about the common knowledge part, was that an opinion too?

Wow, it’s really not that hard to understand what is an opinion and what is a statement.

Not even going to get into this.  Youve had plenty of bites from me today.

• Haha 1

I take comments above and whilst I agree with them I still think this is the major factor:-

SWFC are stronger because of this incident.    Those in power have learnt a lesson, the fans now realise Hirst was treated this way because it's wiser to progress players who want to be with SWFC than those who want to be away. 

It's aligned fans with the board where previously there was beef, and it's drawn a line under a completely stupid period of time for SWFC.

Time to move on.

7 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

Me an all I'm desperate to know the truth. 

I especially can't wait till the truth comes out about this bit

"The whole situation involving George’s advisors has been disruptive, as was another party close to George who used unacceptable foul and abusive language to a senior member of our academy staff."

Chansiri 

and call the chairman out as a liar. Coz then I'll genuinly have sympathy wi em.  

In fact id love em to go through his statement  paragraph by paragraph and say which bits aren't true. 

Sorry mate, I understand how you feel, but I won't explain this one...

I myself was desperate to stand ny the club in this one, but going by everything I've heard, sadly I can't...

3 minutes ago, malek said:

I myself was desperate to stand ny the club in this one, but going by everything I've heard, sadly I can't...

Really?

You stand against the club on this situation?

6 minutes ago, malek said:

Thing is, this is all anyone's heard in 8 months in terms of the other side. 

Why won't anybody say what this truth is?

Are they worried about being sued or sumat?

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Glad the saga finally is at an end. I have a few thoughts on it, the first is that I don't wish George himself any ill will. Granted I don't really care now he isn't a Wednesday player but still fair play George, lets hope it doesn't bite you in the backside.

I do feel he's been used as a pawn in a game of chess by his advisors (David) and he's lost a year of his career because of it. The club can take a small part of the blame but they still offered the best contract for an academy player the club has ever offered so that tells you something. We all know that Hirst doesn't want to be playing 2nd division Belgian football. We all know he'll likely be a Leicester City player in the next 6/12/18/24 months. We know we've been f*cked over for compo by people who lets be honest could have done no wrong before this saga. That's what hurts. I hope it was worth it David, losing your legendry status (In a lot of fans eyes) at this club for some extra cash in your son's bank account. He might be the next Harry Kane he may also be the next Michael Johnson.

4 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm gonna have to correct you on this again mate, I think you may have missed it initially:

The problem is you're making the assumption that the Belgian Second Division has any rules similar to FFP. Whether a league system does or not is dependent on that country's FA. If their country has decided not to enforce any FFP rules, then the only clubs that need to adhere to anything like that style of financial practice and sustainability are clubs interested in qualifying for UEFA tournaments- which are subject to UEFA FFP rules. If the chairman of OH Leuven wants to pay George Hirst's wages in Belgium, then neither our FA nor UEFA have any right to stop him. There's nothing in the Belgian Second Division rules to prevent that, and neither UEFA nor our FA hold any jurisdiction to prevent that. Equally, if in 12 months, Leicester City's chairman wants to pay the chairman of OH Leuven a fair market value for George Hirst (say £5m), then that is entirely permitted. A completely fair £5m bank transfer from one business (Leicester City) to another (OH Leuven). That they both happen to be owned by the same person and thus not count as a transfer of funds for the individual is immaterial... it would be a transfer of finances between two completely separate businesses. That seems to me all above board.

Yes, this situation is unprecedented... yes it seems morally dubious as hell and may well break some obscure rule and require investigation (I hope it is looked into), but one rule it definitely doesn't break in any way shape or form is FFP or anything like it 

The Belgian FA has instituted FFP though. I didn't make any assumptions, and you should thoroughly check your facts first. All professional clubs in Belgium are subject to it.

And I'm really not sure why you even mention the jurisdiction our FA may or may not have on the matter as it's obviously irrelevant.

45 minutes ago, Woozie said:

@malek Do you think we'll get his side of the story now that he's left?

I hope for it sooo much, but since Luhukay took over, we changed our policy regarding youngsters it seems. If only he took over sooner.. 

2 hours ago, DEH9 said:

"We have tried over and over again to negotiate to extend the contract of George Hirst but each offer has been turned down. We were categorically informed just before the closure of the transfer window in August 2017 that “George will not be signing a new deal at the club.”

Coincidentally, the notification that George would not be signing for SWFC came just over an hour after we had turned down an offer from a Premier League club for the permanent transfer of George’s registration.

Of course, this made us wonder if there were talks taking place with regards to George’s future which we were not party to"

Chansiri 

-----------------

Clubs been shafted. Modern football and all that. But still leaves a sour taste. 

The honourable Mr Chansiri has neglected to mention here that he'd stopped Hirst from playing for the U23s a few weeks before this. I wonder why he didn't mention this when he was giving his side of the story?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, cowl said:

The Belgian FA has instituted FFP though. I didn't make any assumptions, and you should thoroughly check your facts first. All professional clubs in Belgium are subject to it.

And I'm really not sure why you even mention the jurisdiction our FA may or may not have on the matter as it's obviously irrelevant.

Cheers for correcting my mistake mate- I wanted to edit it about 10 mins after posting that a lot of it was null and void if the Belgian FA implement FFP :duntmatter:

Regardless though, as long as they stay within the Belgian FFP rules, they're fine... and even wages of a hypothetical £10k a week probably wouldn't push them beyond whatever the FFP boundaries are? Point is, as far as I can see, as long as they adhere to their own country's FFP rules, then they can do it. But I mean it does stink... he's the Leicester owner's asset and can be transferred from one club to the other at essentially no cost to said owner... and all for an initial purchase price at a fraction of what it would have been had he remained in this country. It's a total rounduns scenario.

23 minutes ago, cowl said:

The honourable Mr Chansiri has neglected to mention here that he'd stopped Hirst from playing for the U23s a few weeks before this. I wonder why he didn't mention this when he was giving his side of the story?

Erm , because it's his side of the story.

Shouldn't the other side give their own side of the story? 

Which we're still waiting for. 

Apart from about 5 people on here saying it int reyt for 8 months. 

But not saying why it int reyt. Coz it's some sort of top secret.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.