Andy Rhodes moves from #SWFC to Oldham Athletic

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Well he must be doing something right he has coached at Everton , Manchester United and West Ham all in the premier league for the last 10 years+, Kevin Pressman was working for Millwall. Both good keepers for thew Owls in their time but when you look at coaching cv's one would get a second interview and one would not - can you guess which is which. 

Everton and West Ham are both absolute gash, though. Actually, I'm being unfair. Everton were alright under Moyes.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This is great for Andy Rhodes (Good luck at Oldham in your new role Andy) but terrible news for SWFC

If you think about the personalities and motivators around the club that we have, Andy was definitely one of the biggest.

Not only did he do an incredible job bringing on our keepers as he did, but he's also one of the fellas always smiling, laughing, motivating.

The thought of replacing him makes me worried for our squad's motivations

We should get everyone on OT to do there very best to motivate and encourage the club to achieve promotion.

Yeah OK maybe too optimistic. I'll shurrup. 

Just now, Watson said:

We should get everyone on OT to do there very best to motivate and encourage the club to achieve promotion.

Yeah OK maybe too optimistic. I'll shurrup. 

You're STILL bitter that some fans wanted Carlos gone, for the shirts to be out on sale on time, for us to have a shot on goal in Oct/Nov, for the club to explain/stop the injury crisis etc etc?

Thought you've have let it go or at least understood that it's fine to want your club to do better than it was doing at the time 

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, FightLikeAGirl said:

Everton and West Ham are both absolute gash, though. Actually, I'm being unfair. Everton were alright under Moyes.

But consistent teams in the top flight - I don't like West ham and what Everton did to big Sam was a disgrace but thats the modern game. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You're STILL bitter that some fans wanted Carlos gone, for the shirts to be out on sale on time, for us to have a shot on goal in Oct/Nov, for the club to explain/stop the injury crisis etc etc?

Thought you've have let it go or at least understood that it's fine to want your club to do better than it was doing at the time 

Never bitter, it is what it is, we move on but we move on better getting behind the club.  

25 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Well he must be doing something right he has coached at Everton , Manchester United and West Ham all in the premier league for the last 10 years+, Kevin Pressman was working for Millwall. Both good keepers for thew Owls in their time but when you look at coaching cv's one would get a second interview and one would not - can you guess which is which. 

I can't disagree with your reasoning, unfortunately my view of Chris Woods is tainted from his time with us particularly the FA Cup Final replay.

For me the worst regularly selected England goalkeeper in my lifetime.

14 minutes ago, Watson said:

Never bitter, it is what it is, we move on but we move on better getting behind the club.  

Nobody wasn't behind the club at any point

But many expressed legitimate concerns and worries about what was happening

Nothing wrong with that at all

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, Owl999 said:

Hit the nail on the head, I’m not sure that many people realise what a missive loss to the club this is .

I agree, he was a fantastic letter writer!

Good luck Andy and thanks for all your excellent work.

• Like 1

Done a fantastic job over his time here. I can see why the Oldham assistant job appeals to him after being involved on the touchline for a long time here as well before being moved to a role in the stands under Jos. I wish him all the best.