How are you holding up? Hmmm?

Personally I can't wait until the new season starts as I've been spending too much time on the Owlstalk politics section, it's not good for me as lefties with their arrogance and self righteousness  would make anyone turn into the Incredible Hulk after a few minutes or so....

I really don't need another ban so have kept away 

Edited by steveger
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Kind of the same here. Mine still thinks the season is going on but is so happy with me that I want to spend time with her on Saturdays rather than sat at home glued to the t.v watching footie.

Very clever Hopefully you will be rewarded 

3 hours ago, Pod9 said:

It’s proper rubbish int it. 

Today I’m taking my 6yo daughter and 7 friends to the pictures for her birthday. Can’t wait...... 

You’re bl00dy lucky to have 7 friends that will help you with your 6 year old daughter at the cinema.

it should be a piece of cake.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, steveger said:

Personally I can't wait until the new season starts as I've been spending too much time on the Owlstalk politics section, it's not good for me as lefties with their arrogance and self righteousness  would make anyone turn into the Incredible Hulk after a few minutes or so....

I really don't need another ban so have kept away 

If it makes you feel any better, I think we should give tax subsidies to the rich who have private healthcare and out their kids through private school.

Also only pay benefits for the first kid.

Ban Labour from government and not allow Liberals in the House of Commons either.

• Haha 2

I've built a time machine and an anti-gravitational propulsion system. Struggling with the invisibility cloak I'm constructing in the workshop however. Guess I'll leave that for now and concentrate on the teleportation system. 

I'm actually enjoying the break from football to be honest, last season zapped my enthusiasm. The way it went pear-shaped under Carlos; the kit nonsense, the calamitous anniversary season, the derby defeat, the negative atmosphere and the astounding injury list, it really was a deflating depressing season. Thankfully we eventually got rid of Carlos and things picked up for the better toward the end of the season.

I'm looking forward to the future and rather than expectant, intrigued and excited at what Jos has done and what he might do in a full season. The World Cup doesn't excite me, as on paper it looks like it will be predictable and boring. However I'm looking forward to next season's fixtures and the start of next season, the Championship could potentially be wide open. The break from football is a good thing for me personally. But next season we can take some momentum and positivity into it, with less expectation or pressure. Who knows what will happen but at least we've got some optimism back.

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Now we are a few weeks into the closed season how are you doing on Saturdays without the footy?

What have you been doing instead?

Shopping? Boozing? Just sitting laughing at the carpet?

Celebrating my 53rd Birthday and getting smashed. :tongue::blink: