How are you holding up? Hmmm?

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Now we are a few weeks into the closed season how are you doing on Saturdays without the footy?

What have you been doing instead?

Shopping? Boozing? Just sitting laughing at the carpet?

Nah not bothering me. Football's only really my second favourite sport anyway. There's still plenty of boxing on. Then the euros in a few weeks.

I hate pre season.

The World Cup will help the summer pass but I never get very excited about that these days either, I’m actually looking forward more to our preseason match with Lincoln than I am England’s first match in Russia.

I am loving it so far. 

Cricket last weekend and this, England match tonight. 

Weather been decent. 

Transfer rumours, managerial merry go round in full swing and no match to stress the hell out of me. 

A nice break 

No excitement at Hillsborough but delighted with noises coming out of other clubs in league. Some absolute terrible managerial appointments in Championship and actually feel more optimistic for next season than I have for last two seasons. We just need to do a bit of astute business and will be well content.

Off to Epsom today (on train now) to watch Derby. Have had to get silk topper out as its one of those posh days. Always thought if football club had themed days it would go down with the fans as alot of them seem to like to dress up.

Sorry for being positive to those guys one here who seem to take a joy in being miserable.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Now we are a few weeks into the closed season how are you doing on Saturdays without the footy?

What have you been doing instead?

Shopping? Boozing? Just sitting laughing at the carpet?

Fishing. See 68 page thread in the Other Sports Forum. Won’t be long before its the most popular place on Owls Talk.

Relaxing fishing talk, people getting on fabulously, no fall outs, all best mates, relaxed atmosphere, nostalgia, friendly banter, and all self-policed without need for a mod. Of course we haven’t had any of the site stirrers turn up yet to spoil things. When we do, we’ll let you know so you can ban them. 

Thanks Neil.

Ps - Any non-anglers welcome to join us. It’s like the dressing room but without anyone trying to outdo each other and prove they’re better than everyone else.

Friendly, warm, place with a site celeb on-board (Trev)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Fishing. See 68 page thread in the Other Sports Forum. Won’t be long before its the most popular place on Owls Talk.

Relaxing fishing talk, people getting on fabulously, no fall outs, all best mates, relaxed atmosphere, nostalgia, friendly banter, and all self-policed without need for a mod. Of course we haven’t had any of the site stirrers turn up yet to spoil things. When we do, we’ll let you know so you can ban them. 

Thanks Neil.

I like your style

Can't see a fishing forum getting heated unless you argue over what kind of bait you should use to land a trout

lol

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I like your style

Can't see a fishing forum getting heated unless you argue over what kind of bait you should use to land a trout

lol

Come and join us, we’ll teach you how to fish between us. Will give you something to do other than getting blasted in the sunshine.

Mind you, I love your drunken outbursts. lol

• Haha 2

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, GEE said:

I keep telling my girlfriend I’m going to the match, she hasn’t realised yet that the season has ended, it gets me out of cleaning and shopping. 

Kind of the same here. Mine still thinks the season is going on but is so happy with me that I want to spend time with her on Saturdays rather than sat at home glued to the t.v watching footie.

1 hour ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Here.... a video of Dennis Bergkamp accompanied by the music from braveheart. 

It will pass a few minutes on.....

:mellow:

I can think of other videos that will pass a few minutes.........   I mean seconds.

• Haha 2