Robert Huth

10 minutes ago, MaliceInBlunderland said:

Unless I've missed something we already have 6.

The above 5 and Connor O'Grady.

Would love Fred to make it 7 though, especially at the alleged/reported price of £800k.

Yeah the youngsters have been a big boost and positive sign. Not so sure about Van Aken though, whilst Pudil is also a full back. Basically if Venancio doesn't sign, with Loovens leaving that possibly puts pressure onto Lees and/or Pudil to be the leaders back there with their experience? Personally I hope we sign Venancio and would like us to bring in someone like Bartley or similar, with the youngsters being good cover, especially if we play 3 centre backs?

2 hours ago, WAWAWArno said:

Released by Leicester this season. 

Could be worth a 1 year deal? Strong player - great leadership and height on his side. Danger from set pieces also and would be great in the formation JOS plays.

What do you lot think?

German, Gerrim on pens 

22 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I think only Lees is a top Championship team CB out of that list. 

pudil's stats must stack up with lees since he came back from his injury .......add hutch to them 2 with fred or thorniley possibly van aken  as back up and I think we are well served in the department .

I guess it depends what formation Jos will play next season. Playing 3 CBs has been ideal to blood a couple of the youngsters. Not sure I'd be as confident seeing any of them in a 2 just yet. Think Huth is at least a year past his best so not for me.

We have a manager who has speeled out transfer strategy fairly clearly and has released players around this. So we have suggestions for 30 somethings who have been out injured all year. Absolutely unbelievable.

He was quality but this was about 5 years ago maybe. But I seem to remember him having a bad injury and as good as he was for Stoke, they got rid after his injury. 

Not too too sure what he was like at Leicester to be honest. But imo I’d say past his best / not going to improve us. 

We need to look younger 

He was quality but this was about 5 years ago maybe. But I seem to remember him having a bad injury and as good as he was for Stoke, they got rid after his injury. 

Not too too sure what he was like at Leicester to be honest. But imo I’d say past his best / not going to improve us. 

We need to look younger