Hutchinson

2 minutes ago, Walt said:

1) Hopefully centre back will keep him fitter for longer and he doesn’t seem to fly into those stupid tackles as he does when he’s playing midfield.

Agree. Don't forget we've already got another player (recently signed a 1 year extension on the back of his new CB role) who openly admitted that his legs have gone?!

Always feel rather on edge when Hutch plays. He's an excellent footballer, but unfortunately in the '60's/80's style, which I must admit I admire, but unfortunately modern day Refs don't appreciate. This makes him an accident waiting to happen and also a yellow card walking.It also means he is not a 90 min prospect unfortunately.

22 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

If we play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 and if he’s fully fit, I’d play him in the middle of the back 3. He would be brilliant in this position.

I love him in defensive midfield but he’s a red card and injury waiting to happen. 

If he was to play in the back 3, I would definitely play him in the middle. No brainer.

Totally agree that in the middle of a back 3 would be his best position. He's vocal so can instruct those either side of him plus he's excellent on the ball too. He'd also be able to see everything in front of him and pull his midfielders around accordingly.

On 15/05/2018 at 02:12, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Ranchrat has only just made a few more appearances (240) than Hutchinson. Kettle calling Pot black springs to mind. 

You are a typical example of why people have stopped trying to make a contribution on here. I put a reasonable question forward and get a disparaging flippant comment. I look on here all the time for news and balanced debate about the club that I have supported for 40 years now. (Long term season ticket holder btw.). How many posts do I have to make to be considered a true fan? Maybe I should post on every thread to gain your approval. 

On 14/05/2018 at 23:08, kazads said:

Twice??..33 last season 25 season before...probs more than Hooper and Fletcher and Keiron ...

Westwood played 43 out of 46 games last season and in his first year with 34 in 2015/16. Fletcher played 38 last season. 

However it’s a good point about Hooper.. in his two full seasons here he’s played 23 and 24 games out of 46 yet doesn’t cop half as much stick as Hutch. 

3 hours ago, Ranchrat said:

You are a typical example of why people have stopped trying to make a contribution on here. I put a reasonable question forward and get a disparaging flippant comment. I look on here all the time for news and balanced debate about the club that I have supported for 40 years now. (Long term season ticket holder btw.). How many posts do I have to make to be considered a true fan? Maybe I should post on every thread to gain your approval. 

Come on man don't be such a snowflake, if you expect to be taken seriously all the time you are in the wrong place .

But if that's what you want, for my money if fit he's the first on the team sheet every selection at 4, 5 or 6   or in the hole or in midfield. He may well wear better if played at centre back. But having attended for 40 years I would think you know all this lol Lighten up man.

4 hours ago, JC3 said:

Westwood played 43 out of 46 games last season and in his first year with 34 in 2015/16. Fletcher played 38 last season. 

However it’s a good point about Hooper.. in his two full seasons here he’s played 23 and 24 games out of 46 yet doesn’t cop half as much stick as Hutch. 

Stick ? He gets adored for doing virtually nowt . Hooper is injury prone and Hutchinson has had it. Would happily move both of them on 

Liability. 

The Preston game at home summed him up!

Booked within a minute,

Crocked after about 20mins.

Point blank refused to come off even though he was crocked.

Not one Wednesday player went to him when he went down which to me says alot!

Replaced at half time and wasn't a happy boy. (We bagged 4 second half) 

Was very vocal about being ready/fit weeks before at the training ground which undermined Jos. 

I love his passion but it hinders us in the long run.

Time for him to go in my opinion. 

This is my personal opinion, but I think Hutchinson will be sold this Summer to help deal with our P&S issues. I think he might be a bit too ill-disciplined and injury prone for Jos, but the main reason is that he’s one of our few players with some value at the moment. I love the guy so I hope to be proved wrong, but it’s just a hunch.

Hutchinson when playing is a great asset. Laid on the treatment room or serving a ban isn't. He as had nothing but praise on here but, if we are going to kick on this year, JL needs players who are going to be available for the season, and not keeping his fingers crossed that it doesn't go T8ts up with players like Hutchinson.

Hutchinson, like Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri and Lee, will be much fitter and much better managed now. Jos will have all the medical reports about this group of players and will know which are likely to be worth keeping.

If Hutchinson is one we keep then I really hope he plays at CB. He’s the second best CB we have, after Tom. 

I dont rate him as a modern day CM. At least not in a two. Perhaps as the holding player of a three maybe. But he would have to stop dropping back level with the defence.

He could be the champ version of Azpilicueta.....who brings the ball out of the back 3 at Chelsea usually from the right hand side and has swung in some beautiful crosses this year, Hutch certainly has the ability and passing range. 

This doesnt mean he’s a full back nor goes bombing down the wing. Lots of Chelsea’s goals came from crosses from that final central third into the back post. Nuhiu would love it