Hutchinson

4 minutes ago, Ranchrat said:

Not been mentioned for a while. The age old question. Does he get a shirt in a fully fit squad and if so in which position? 

Back in a fortnight 

I like him at cb, but I also like a settled defence. If he’s injured every other week then then there goes the settled defence but if keeping him at cb can reduce the injuries he picks up then yes. So my answer is “I dunno mate.” That good enough for you? 

If we play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 and if he’s fully fit, I’d play him in the middle of the back 3. He would be brilliant in this position.

I love him in defensive midfield but he’s a red card and injury waiting to happen. 

If he was to play in the back 3, I would definitely play him in the middle. No brainer.

• Like 1

Shame he will never be fit enough for the position he is best at - Right wing back.

There is a reason we've never seen him there, it's too much strain on him.

For me he has to be relegated to the bench as he is able to cover several positions and it is the only way we can keep him fit.

14 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

Shame he will never be fit enough for the position he is best at - Right wing back.

There is a reason we've never seen him there, it's too much strain on him.

For me he has to be relegated to the bench as he is able to cover several positions and it is the only way we can keep him fit.

Have you seen him play much at right wing back?

1 hour ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

He should be moved on. He’s not warranted a shirt for two years. Great player, great bloke, but just injured too much.

Part of me agrees with this.

Yet versatile committed players are worth their weight in gold. Top defender but a liability fitness wise.

Another thing in his favour is experience without being ancient. We still need a few of these around with the much needed influx of youngsters.

5 minutes ago, kazads said:

Twice??..33 last season 25 season before...probs more than Hooper and Fletcher and Keiron ...

Indeed, we’d have hardly any players left. Hopefully the root cause is long gone.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Have you seen him play much at right wing back?

To be fair to the original poster, I think that’s where he used to play for Chelsea before all his injuries started. May be wrong though.