Glenn Loovens "My Time Has Come"

He's been a great player and showed his class in some very big games for us. Arsenal, Newcastle home and away, Brighton play offs spring to mind.

Farewell Glenn. You can leave with your head held high.

Only echo what has been said on here. His time has obviously come to an end, but has been excellent at times for us, and players like Lees didn’t look the same when he wasn’t next to them.

Good luck for the future Glen, never change your hair please.

Superb servant to the club. Played a crucial role in 3 successive seasons of almost record breaking clean sheets. 

He's not made much impact this season on the field, but I imagine he's been essential off it.

5 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

To be fair, had any of us heard of him before he came here ? Nevertheless, been a great servant and captain, would imagine he's been good for the younger members of the squad as well. 

Good luck. 

He had played for Celtic and Cardiff before to be fair to him.

"I would have followed you, my brother. My Captain"

Fantastic words from a treasure of a book made into an Iconic film and spoken by an absolute chunt.

Sad to see him go but it's the right thing at the right time. Great bloke, he was very kind to my grandson, who adores him and will be gutted by this.

31 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

To be fair, had any of us heard of him before he came here ? Nevertheless, been a great servant and captain, would imagine he's been good for the younger members of the squad as well. 

Good luck. 

If you hadn't you don't follow much football  

Guest Ash76
2 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

" hope that you get what you deserve"

Depending on the mind set of the person saying that it really can mean two very different things

Yeah hopefully talking about the decent supporters of our club and not idiots like this. 

1 hour ago, torres said:

The Ipswich game this season will live long in the memory

Him and Palmer battling it out for the ''Worst performance Ever'' award

The time is right for him to move on. Time is right for both parties.

People talk about this maybe being a season too far but I think the writing has been on the wall a while longer than that. I don't think he ever fully recovered from the injury which he had picked up at the end of 'Year One' ,which he manfully played through in year two (To his great credit - but also possibly to his own detriment) 

In terms of value for money he has been right up there amongst our best signings, especially when held up against players that have actually cost us a transfer fee and not delivered as much. 

My greatest thanks to Glenn comes for the work he did for the team when Gray first took over. because it's easy to forget that we were really on the slide and could have been heading back to division 3. The defensive contribution he made in collecting those clean sheets which helped us to Championship survival was immense.

No doubt about it, those clean sheets saved out bacon because we certainly weren't going to outscore anybody that year.  

The bedrock of our more recent 'Goodtimes' has all been built on that foundation of keeping our Championship status that year. Indeed....I'll put the question out there as to whether Chansiri would have even been interested in buying the club had we fallen back into the Pub League?

Good luck Skipper wherever you go now.

Thank you for your efforts for The Wednesday.

15731485_10155267464196111_512960224_n.jpg.d659f6c45a8777fedf26c7663838b9c8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2