Glenn Loovens "My Time Has Come"

2 hours ago, Bramhall Owl said:

Agree, both Loovens and Lees were booked in the first 10 minutes or so, had great games in what was the bloomin' Alamo for the first 25 mins yet not once did I have a heart in mouth moment that a second yellow card was coming for one of them.

Stood behind the goal that night it felt like you had cleared a few off the line. How we went in level , ‘‘twas a miracle.

Loovens was brilliant, as he was in both playoff games against Huddersfield the following season.

He was a proper defender. No good on the ball but calm , robust and resilient.

Need to replace him with somebody similar.

42 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Will make a good coach .

Ecxellent defensive coach,class defender,take this season away the guys been outstanding for us every game & Tom Lees will have been given a masterclass,hes reaped the rewards of bieng next to him and it shows

2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Need to replace him with somebody similar.

And therein lies the challenge facing the club..because getting in a younger version of a Loovens type player and the qualities he had  is going to cost a fair bit. 

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

And therein lies the challenge facing the club..because getting in a younger version of a Loovens type player and the qualities he had  is going to cost a fair bit. 

We've got a few giants at the club who just need showing how to put the shoulder in... Tom should do it... it's what pre season's for.

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

We've got a few giants at the club who just need showing how to put the shoulder in... Tom should do it... it's what pre season's for.

Loovens certainly helped Lees to become a better player.  The pressure to an extent is now on him to pass on the knowledge to the likes of Thorniley, Neilsen etc. 

11 hours ago, Samurai Blue said:

Yeah, if only for that I hope he plays in some capacity on Sunday and does himself justice. He was horrific in that Ipswich game and his service to Wednesday deserves a kinder finale.

So people pick an off day he had to justify slating such a brilliant servant to SWFC !!! Sad sad people 

15 hours ago, Samurai Blue said:

Yeah, if only for that I hope he plays in some capacity on Sunday and does himself justice. He was horrific in that Ipswich game and his service to Wednesday deserves a kinder finale.

4 hours ago, swfctc1 said:

So people pick an off day he had to justify slating such a brilliant servant to SWFC !!! Sad sad people 

I’ve read that a few times and can’t actually tell whether you’re agreeing with me or not.

If you’re not then please read my comment right to the end. :ph34r:

If you are agreeing then thanks. Always been a fan of your work. 

lol