Loan Market

Watching Championship games on TV over last few weeks I was surprised how many loan players were playing. In the last few years do not think we have exploited loan market as well as we could have done. I checked the top clubs in Championship for players they have on loan.and the club loaned from.

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Wily Boly         FC Porto

Ruben Vinagre Monaco

Afred N'Diaye    Villareal

Diogo Jota        Atletico Madrid

Benik Afobe      Bournemouth

Leo Bonatini     Al Hilal

Cadiff City

Armand Traore  Notts Forest

Marko  Grujic    Liverpool

Craig Bryson     Derby County

Yanic Wildschutt  Norwich City

Jamie Ward        Notts Forest

Liam  Feeney     Blackburn Rovers

Fulham

Tomas Kalas      Chelsea

Matt Targett        Southampton

Oliver Norwood    Brighton

Lucas Piazon      Chelsea

Sheyji Ojo           Liverpool

Aleksandar Mitovic Newcastle

Aston Villa

Axel Tuanzebe        Manchester Utd

Josh Onomah         Tottenham

Robert Snodgrass  West Ham

Lewis Grabban       Bournemouth

Middlesbrough

Muhammed Besic     Everton

Lewis Baker              Chelsea

Jack Harrison           Manchester City

Derby County

Kasey Palmer         Chelsea

Saam Winnall         Wednesday

I was surprised how many players some of the clubs had on loan. The only other club with high number of loan players was Sunderland (6) the rest had on average 2 with quite a few having none. Looking at the list it appears getting loan players from good quality clubs is a key factor to having a succesful side. With Jos comments on transfer policy i would suspect we will be loaning some young talent from Premier league

Good shout... to be fair it looks like we will have a better look at loans next season from what Jos has mentioned. Maybe some young premier league up and coming talents, add some pace, energy and hopefully abit of quality. Maybe some foreign imports.. who knows.

I think it will be a more eventful season next season, in a positive way.

2 hours ago, Quist said:

Watching Championship games on TV over last few weeks I was surprised how many loan players were playing. In the last few years do not think we have exploited loan market as well as we could have done. I checked the top clubs in Championship for players they have on loan.and the club loaned from.

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Diogo Jota        Atletico Madrid

Benik Afobe      Bournemouth

Cadiff City

Armand Traore  Notts Forest

Fulham

Tomas Kalas      Chelsea

Matt Targett        Southampton

Aleksandar Mitovic Newcastle

Aston Villa

Robert Snodgrass  West Ham

Lewis Grabban       Bournemouth

Middlesbrough

Lewis Baker              Chelsea

I was surprised how many players some of the clubs had on loan. The only other club with high number of loan players was Sunderland (6) the rest had on average 2 with quite a few having none. Looking at the list it appears getting loan players from good quality clubs is a key factor to having a succesful side. With Jos comments on transfer policy i would suspect we will be loaning some young talent from Premier league

The list is not so long now I have deleted those who have had little impact.

2 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

The clubs Wolves have loaned from tells you all you need to know - quality over quantity for me! 

It also shows you how much easier it is when you have a super-agent working with your club who can bring these players

No chance any other club would be able to bring in the players they have done in

15 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

It also shows you how much easier it is when you have a super-agent working with your club who can bring these players

No chance any other club would be able to bring in the players they have done in

Indeed, but surely Chansiri and Luhukay know a ‘super-duper-agent’ between them. 

Our loan dealing over the last 3 season have been very costly and very poor with the likes of Buckley, Mcmanaman to name a few - some good loan made permanent in the first season and Venancio has saved us this season with all the injuries at the back and deserves a lot of credit for marshaling the younger players through a difficult time for the club.

For me we could get some very good players maybe on loan Wolves loan out Iorfa to Ipswich a very good player and former under-21 international that appears to be surplus to requirements at Wolves, you then look at the like of Kent at Liverpool, Max Gradel another season Championship performer that was loaned this season, Reece Burke at West Ham could be an option for cover in the defense, Patrick Robert at man city could be a great signing as long as not too expensive on the wages, If we wanting something extra in central midfield Andreas Pereira would be a very ambition signing but would add undoubted extra quality to the team.

The players mentioned are in different stages of their career but all of the could improve our current squad and may well save us a few million in not needing transfers. 

I also think we should be looking at Garbutt at Everton, he has been told he can leave and could sort the issues we have at left back.