Time for an Experiment?

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I’ll say it then.

It would be nice to see George Hirst get a few games before he departs.

sooner pour salt in my eyes !

He and his advisor(s) deserve all that’s coming their way....... whatever that may be !

Edited by casbahowl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, attyjake said:

I thought he had already started experimentig at QPR

No, did it at Millwall, no strikers, then at QPR, suppose when Giddings asked him post Hull about it, he laughed, so I reckon thats it for the experiments.

No lets go for it. Wolves might already be in the beach so you never know we could end up with nearly 60 points. Crazy when u think back to 4/6 weeks ago and we couldn't see where the next win was coming from. Onwards and upwards.

6 hours ago, vulture_squadron said:

With us now safe would people be ok with us fielding experimental line ups in the last three games?

Maybe a different formation and / or give some kids more a go? Might not please the paying fans but could be worth it in the long run.

As if different formations is an experiment did you not see the posts after QPR lol I'm all for trying kids provided Jos thinks they might be good enough for next season if not stick with what we have. 

Do we have any strikers for next week though?

NOt many options to try is there? Maybe the young right back or the striker that’s banging them in for U23’s not young Hirst the other 17 year old. 

Id like to see Rhodes get a few more goals, either helps him for us or rebuilds market value. 

If pudil is not getting contract he can start his holidays now, same with Dave. Happy enough if both stay but if not no point in using either.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
7 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

WHY?       If he's decided to go, well f**k off and the best of British.

I agree in slightly more muted terms! I wish him well but giving him game time now would serve no purpose. If we are to blood a youngster or two now that we're safe it needs to be players who are not on the cusp of leaving IMO.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

It's time we faced facts! George Hurst (and his father Advisor) sees his future lies in realms way above us  He has made this clear., and so, much as we may wish for him to be a Wednesday player, IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ! Bearing in mind that he is, as yet, UNPROVED at Championship level, the only things that Wed  should be doing are :-

a) Attempting to get as much money for him as possible, making sure he is not injured, and

b) Giving the other young talent,whom we know are committed to Wednesday, as much assistance as possible 

Whether we like it or not, Hurst is, for us, past. Concentrate on those who WANT to stay. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
6 hours ago, Philb125 said:

NOt many options to try is there? Maybe the young right back or the striker that’s banging them in for U23’s not young Hirst the other 17 year old. 

Id like to see Rhodes get a few more goals, either helps him for us or rebuilds market value. 

If pudil is not getting contract he can start his holidays now, same with Dave. Happy enough if both stay but if not no point in using either.

Nuhiu will be offered a contract. I hope it attractive enough for him to accept. Agree though that looking to the future now that we're safe is priority.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

I would quite simply not play any player with any injury in these last 3 games unless absolutely necessary. So I expect there may be some players in who would  not normally get in. why risk Bannon for instance if he has any sort of niggle. We need to look to next season and not let anyone else get injured in 3 almost pointless games (at least pointless to us). 

17 hours ago, vulva said:

I'd rather play with 10. Bugs me that a kid in the juniors is behind Hirst, who is clearly looking to move. As with FF, Clare and Hirst, any player that doesn't want to play for the club, for whatever reason, should be told to F off, and stay away from the club. 

Does FF want away again, or are you harping back to almost two years ago?