Time for an Experiment?

I'd keep the same system and just let the lads play. Get a bit of confidence built. 

I think any experimentation should be done during a well planned and prepared pre-season exercise where there's plenty of work done on the training ground and some tough freinds day matches lines up. (Hopefully somewhere really cold)

Edited by Lord Snooty

8 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

With us now safe would people be ok with us fielding experimental line ups in the last three games?

Maybe a different formation and / or give some kids more a go? Might not please the paying fans but could be worth it in the long run.

lets just stick to trying to win the game

I thought there was a new EFL rule to prevent this?

I’m sure you have to field 90% of the side that played in the last game unless they are injured?

Something to do with relegation threatened and play off chasing teams moaning about unfair line ups. 

I mean come on, how are we going to convince the EFL that we have injured players? We can’t even convince our own fans lol

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I thought there was a new EFL rule to prevent this?

I’m sure you have to field 90% of the side that played in the last game unless they are injured?

Something to do with relegation threatened and play off chasing teams moaning about unfair line ups. 

I mean come on, how are we going to convince the EFL that we have injured players? We can’t even convince our own fans lol

90%?...seems a bit high

34 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

With us now safe would people be ok with us fielding experimental line ups in the last three games?

Maybe a different formation and / or give some kids more a go? Might not please the paying fans but could be worth it in the long run.

At some points of the season ticket we had no choice but to ‘play the kids’ in real games I’m not sure what we’re going to learn about them at this point

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’ll say it then.

It would be nice to see George Hirst get a few games before he departs.

I'd rather play with 10. Bugs me that a kid in the juniors is behind Hirst, who is clearly looking to move. As with FF, Clare and Hirst, any player that doesn't want to play for the club, for whatever reason, should be told to F off, and stay away from the club. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’ll say it then.

It would be nice to see George Hirst get a few games before he departs.

lol

1 minute ago, vulva said:

I'd rather play with 10. Bugs me that a kid in the juniors is behind Hirst, who is clearly looking to move. As with FF, Clare and Hirst, any player that doesn't want to play for the club, for whatever reason, should be told to F off, and stay away from the club. 

Great that we can all hear different things, from different sources, and have different views, as a result, and still not fall out, isn’t it?

Glad we’ve progressed so much.