next seasons captain

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

The one player I've noticed shouting and bawling and bossing people about of late is Daniel Pudil.  

Mind, given his own deal runs out this summer...

Lets also not forget what an absolute poor footballer he is.

If Pudil's gone it'll have to be Reach, which is a bit bleak but Lees just never looks like he fancies it. Fred would be better but he's not consistent enough yet, he's getting there but currently makes a few too many errors to be shouting at anyone else IMO.

Not that Reach doesn't, but his rarely cost us goals in an immediate way at least.

Otherwise it's Atdhe, and who even bloody knows what his crazy game is.

5 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Lets also not forget what an absolute poor footballer he is.

Don't think he's that bad. He's never stopped enough crosses as a fullback but that goes all the way back.

I think he's done ok as a left sided centre half to be honest. 

Not long term. Bit he's looked better there than left back. IMO 

We are really short of leaders

We should make leadership quality the number one requirement for any signing and then sign 3 players for centre back, left back and centre mid who are leaders, big and mobile . and then play 433

We have enough footballers already , 3 players as described would make a massive difference .

They don’t have to be high quality just steady and reliable. 

Job done.

10 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Freddy or Joey

I can see the pull of someone in their position on the pitch but in truth, they aren't gobby enough.   They go about their business mainly in a quiet and efficient manner - well as efficiently as you can in an under performing side.    They don't have the bully in them though.

We need to recruit a snarling bully, or use someone with a bit of a mean streak in him that we have already - and we don't have many.   Westwood is a bit gobby, but other than that who do we really have?   I don't even see Bannan as a captain material because he's quite a mardy player at times.

The more I think about it, this actual conversation may be the crux of the problem we have.   Leadership on the pitch.    Where do we have it, where does it come from?  Who do we have who is a loud, vocal, gobshite but who can be a gobshite within the laws of the game?

I don't think we have one.

2 hours ago, Wonder Spaniel said:

Hutchinson all day long in terms of galvanising his team and commitment etc. Sadly it's not going to happens due to lack of appearances and potential overzealous. Shame, as with the right guidance I really think that he'd thrive with the added responsibility.

I can see the appeal but he's too volatile to be a club captain. The comments he made about being fit and not being played and then admitting Jos's decision was right indicates someone who's emotions rule rather than a steady type who can be a go between for management and players. Loovens was ideal..

It needs to be a respected player who is on the pitch for most games. Westwood sort of fits but I hate goalkeepers being captain. Lees is too quiet, Venancio maybe but he's only on loan and we might not sign him plus he's still young.

I like a midfielder as captain where they can have an influence on everyone on the pitch. I don't think we have the right person on the books at present in midfield. We need to buy a captain.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Don't think he's that bad. He's never stopped enough crosses as a fullback but that goes all the way back.

I think he's done ok as a left sided centre half to be honest. 

Not long term. Bit he's looked better there than left back. IMO 

Not a sentimental person when it comes to footy, he was OK in his first year but never been a favourite of mine even when he was going through his rich vein of 

form, his latest technique to stop an attacker is to block his path whilst turning away and falling over, refs have called his bluff on a couple of occasions, just shows

you how his mind is working, cant catch a player, bring him down whilst trying to make it  look like a foul against him, not even thinking about the consequences, giving 

away penalties, the bloke is too slow and I would like to see him replaced.

Weren't both Pelupessy and Venancio both captains at their previous clubs? As well as Van Aken. We don't own Venancio of course but out of the current players he is quite vocal and might be more so if he was actually ours.