hirst to united

Pop off to United for more money, then get sent out on loan anyway. Because, let’s be honest, he’ll be no where near their first 11. We’ll get bugger all for him as well. 

Only one loser here - Sheffield Wednesday. Can’t get excited for him I’m afraid. A sorry saga that could have been avoided by both sides. 

16 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Pop off to United for more money, then get sent out on loan anyway. Because, let’s be honest, he’ll be no where near their first 11. We’ll get bugger all for him as well. 

Only one loser here - Sheffield Wednesday. Can’t get excited for him I’m afraid. A sorry saga that could have been avoided by both sides. 

Totally agree.  

13 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Do you think it could have been avoided... because I don't....David Hirst didn't go to Man UTD it was his choice and I think that was a lot to do with the drinking culture back then ...only my opinion... listening to folks now you would think he didn't have a choice back then ...I'm sure he did...so he wants George to do what he didn't ..good luck to the lad but one wonders if it's the right choice this time ...

24 minutes ago, alanharper said:

He was nowhere near our first team last season before this dispute arose, when competing against 'old' Nuhiu, Joao, Fletcher etc. I don't think Lukaku and Rashford will be too worried about their places just yet. 

Your post seems to totally discount the possibility that under a different manager and a different set up, things could have been different for the lad. It's water under the bridge now but players can only perform if they are given the opportunity to do so.

3 minutes ago, kazads said:

Do you think it could have been avoided... because I don't....David Hirst didn't go to Man UTD it was his choice and I think that was a lot to do with the drinking culture back then ...only my opinion... listening to folks now you would think he didn't have a choice back then ...I'm sure he did...so he wants George to do what he didn't ..good luck to the lad but one wonders if it's the right choice this time ...

Yeah I believe that agents / egos and money got in the way. He’s been poorly advised and I have no doubt Wednesday played a part in all of this. 

They havent engineered a move to Man Utd, they engineered more money. Just so happens Man Utd might be interested now. Fair enough, understand it’s a short career and players have to get what they can. But it doesn’t sit right with me. A kid who’s bagged a load of goals but totally unproven at a senior level. 

Best of luck to him if he goes, will set him up for life financially but he wont get a game and spend almost all of his contract on loan until his early/mid 20's when he is eventually sold to a championship or league 1 club. 

Mourinho plays and develops  youth less than Carlos did.

Good luck to him if this is true. This sort of rules out the "he's chasing money" argument as Manchester United are not one of the teams that chucks ridiculous amounts of money at young players. 

All the best to him, it's every footballers dream to play for one of the biggest clubs in world football. 

The only loser over in this whole situation- Sheffield Wednesday.