Sheffield Wednesday striker George Hirst fires England to Euro's win

21 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Cranson was bad enough in his 'prime'. I dread to think how he would have got on had we replaced Bougherra with him! WTF:

Brilliant in Breaking Bad though, TBH...kudos to him for seeing football wasn't for him and moving on...

Edited by Almat

The club would not appear to be learning from similar mistakes in the past. Vardy and Cantona being perfect examples. In my view he has to be worth a bet so everything should be done to compromise, appearance money, increased contract value should he reach certain goal targets etc.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Yet the lad can't play for us. George needs to bin doyen and DC needs to pick his dummy up off the floor and then maybe we won't lose one of the best prospects in British football.  

Just why did Mr Chansiri throw out the dummy in the 1st place?.

Genuine question.

1 hour ago, Mountain Owl said:

The club would not appear to be learning from similar mistakes in the past. Vardy and Cantona being perfect examples. In my view he has to be worth a bet so everything should be done to compromise, appearance money, increased contract value should he reach certain goal targets etc.

That's a really sensationalist uninformed point of view,do you know why we chose not to keep Vardy or why no other professional club came in for him.

Cantona was something different altogether.

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Did you say the same thing when DiCanio, Bougherra and co left and got replaced by the likes of Bothroyd and Cranson?

Cranson was way before those two. 

worst centre half to ever pull on a wednesday shirt, and we have had some bad ones. 

5 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

I never took to either player, DiCanio was a complete cheeky monkey as far as team spirit was concerened, We finished 7th in the Prem in 1996-97 season,before we signed him, 13th in his one full season with us, 1997-98, and 12th in the season he fecked us.

Boughera was going as soon as he could, as for the replacements, after all the money wasted on players like those two, Sibon, Jonk, HInchliffe, Debillde and the two jocks, there was nowt left in the kitty.

Oh god Donnely the new Dalglish and Celtic messiah, when I see Rhodes in a Wednesday shirt these days it reminds me of him,do think O'Donnell wasn't a bad player for us, but nothing special. 

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Did you say the same thing when DiCanio, Bougherra and co left and got replaced by the likes of Bothroyd and Cranson?

Exclusive interview:

Jay Bothroyd on being a cult hero in Japan, the 'one-cap wonder' tag and jet-setting with Gaddafi's son .

MSN sport

Looks like someone appreciates him WTF:

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

DiCanio was 1997/99.

Bougherra was 2006/07.

Cranson was 1988/89.

Bothroyd was 2012/13.

So not really replacements. In fact you could say Cranson was replaced by them albeit years later.

Edited by Hookowl