Owl Down!

My brother and 30 year North stand S/T holder Rich had a kidney transplant on thursday night, seems to be looking ok so far. They chose the international break luckily for him so hopefully he will be back up and running so to speak soon! Any fellow owlstalkers who have been through the same with any tips/ideas to help a speedy recovery most appreciated. Get well soon Rich WAWAW

• Like 1

5 hours ago, unkastav said:

My brother and 30 year North stand S/T holder Rich had a kidney transplant on thursday night, seems to be looking ok so far. They chose the international break luckily for him so hopefully he will be back up and running so to speak soon! Any fellow owlstalkers who have been through the same with any tips/ideas to help a speedy recovery most appreciated. Get well soon Rich WAWAW

Your brother should count himself lucky, I lost a good friend last year who didn't last the wait for a compatible kidney, really think organ donation should be an opt out system.

anyways, all the best...get well soon Rich

Guest mkowl

My Dad had this done probably 7 years ago now  when in his mid 70's. Not been without it's issues mainly because the anti rejection drugs reduce general immunity. So more prone to illness and takes longer to recover. Saying that he gets looked at even if it's just a cold.

Your brother hopefully has age on his side to avoid some of the issues. 

I had one removed rather than a transplant. Was up and about pretty quickly but I imagine it's a very different recovery. I'd recommend 60 minutes in the u23's then a full 90 with them then come back to first team training and then start from the bench.

Get well soon

• Haha 2

Had mine 12yrs ago,I was back in work after 12 weeks but my advice would be to take it easy initially.

Just try to get up and moving at home 1st and gradually build it up. keep up the medication and listen to the Drs

and more importantly other patients when hes in clinic for check-ups.

Wish him a speedy recovery