Jos the joker...go now

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Bannan, FF, Hutch, Van Aken along with Lees might well be available (and properly fit)  after the international break. Huge boost that'll be. I'm not bothered in the slightest about touchline antics from our coach. He's resisted the temptation to rush players back prematurely notwithstanding the shocking predicament he inherited. Brave.

As said before I expect a Jos revolution in the summer with much wheeling and dealing. Folks had best get set for some favourites leaving to fund a squad regeneration. Jos should be properly judged then and not on his lack of prancing, shouting and arm-waving from the technical area. History shows that fast starters often fall by the wasteside whilst the slow burners with a long term vision can become legends.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

We're not going down (if you disagree then fair enough, but we're not:biggrin:) so unless DC has a long term replacement in mind, who is available NOW, then what's the point?

Any other temporary appointment will just inherit the same mess, and considering the injury situation, I doubt they'd make a dramatic, immediate impact either way, so it would just be change for changes sake imo.

As for Carlos having a better record than Jos this season, it is worth remembering that Carlos had Bannan (21 league appearances), Fletcher (19), Hooper (24), Lee (15), Lees (20, obviously available again now) and Westwood (18) which Jos did not.

I doubt any manager WOULDN'T have a better record without those players available for those amount of games.

Not totally convinced Jos is the answer either, he's definitely made some mistakes, but judging him on a couple of months, with pretty much just the reserves available, is pretty harsh imo.

1 hour ago, dnhc said:

i have a hope you two are correct in some way, but from what i've seen and read, i'm not holding my breath.

for me if you haven't got a fortune to spend a foreign (it's the in thing) manager is no good, the championship requires a certain amount of grit and determination, allied with a serious cutting edge, and i see few of them bringing that to the table.

Agreed. Look what Warnock has done with a very ordinary Cardiff. Remarkable.

15 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Rubbish !! Utter rubbish. How can you say CC would be 5 points better off. Thats hard when he managing swansea. As for worst manager comment then its a memory issue. Peter Eustace turned a good team into a bad team instantly. JL has turned a team that was in free fall into a team that should stay up with very few options with players and tactics.

1 win is not arresting the free fall, it's discovering there's plenty of padding beneath us.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

After speaking to someone that you could say is 'in the know' yesterday, the opinion that Jos is out of his depth is not just shared amongst supporters.

It's certainly changed my opinion on the bloke and I doubt he'll be here next season.

But what concerns me more is who Chansiri is going to appoint next. 

Had a similar conversation yesterday. He won’t be here next season was the feeling I got.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No it isn't

That's just an overdramatic sensationalist view of other people's posts

lol

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No it isn't

lol

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No it isn't

lol

Overdramatic sensationalalist. Bit over the top dear boy. This is Owlstalk, not University Challenge. I along with quite a few others havent a sodding clue what your on about. Wouldn't it have been easier to say that Im trying to draw attention to myself exactly what the OP is doing with ground breaking news..WTF:

Guest Arcadianrocket

Just because Carlos under performed as manager this season shouldn't excuse the new manager for also under performing and making baffling choices.

Look at Lucas Joao and how he was handled over the past month. He was played away at Bristol City on the left wing when we had a very winnable game at home to Ipswich the following Tuesday. He is then rested at home to Ipswich. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Only one person to blame for it and thats DC...whoever recomended Jos to him was probably high on coke at the time.

Well, is there any chance they could line up a few for Jos? Maybe see him move a bit then

3 hours ago, dnhc said:

i have a hope you two are correct in some way, but from what i've seen and read, i'm not holding my breath.

for me if you haven't got a fortune to spend a foreign (it's the in thing) manager is no good, the championship requires a certain amount of grit and determination, allied with a serious cutting edge, and i see few of them bringing that to the table.

Yep spot on, it’s no surprise to see the likes of Warnock, Bruce, Rowett, Pulis, are managing clubs with ambitions to get promoted. Clubs like Swansea and Brighton tried using foreign managers too but realised that British ones (Rodgers & Hughton) were the most likely answer to get success in the championship.

Unless you are a Newcastle or wolves the championship is a scrap and you need the right manager and players to cope with it.  We really could do with resetting in the summer. Getting the stripes back, having a british manager, and letting him sign players to win matches in the championship