Jos the joker...go now

It’s been one fizz up after another, Carlos stayed too long , the whole Doyen balls up , setting on Jos when he had no experience in England let alone tough championship. All roads lead back to the naivety of DC , in football terms. His first move when he took over from MM should have been to set on Wilkinson or someone of that experience as an advisor and I bet we wouldn’t be having this conversation now . There be no injury prone signings or an unbalanced squad 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

We'll stay up.  There'll be a huge change of players in in the summer. Some big earners and fans favourites will go giving some flexibility for Jos to build his own squad of properly prepared, fit players. He'll show his true value next season IMO. Seen it many times, managers come in and hit the ground running only to be given the job in the summer and sunsequently bomb. Conversely there are outstanding examples of managers struggling at first and being on the verge of the sack before becoming legends.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

post not poster

OK Dot, Sorry but I never got chance to read your latest book on football strategies but i'll give it a go with my very limited knowledge.

Seriously we need to get rid, he has not got a clue.    Mistaken you begin your piece with a conclusion lol

One of the worst managers ever at our club                Still not provided any justification.

We would have been at least 5 points better off now under CC.  Pure conjecture i'm a Carlos fan but with a decimated squad no evidence for 5 points extra in the bag.

when the angry mob on here were baying for Carlos I had this nagging feeling, be careful what you wish for. Mute point but agreed, though totally unrelated.

Jos's tactics are bizarre (5-5 anyone)                          He can only work with what he has which is next to nothing.

the players haven't a clue what they are doing            They are scrambling for scraps it's what you have to do in this situation and lacking silky skills.

Most players are scared to make a tackle                    True most of them are scared of their own shadows, it comes of having no experienced players around them.

zero passion in any of them                                         You will need to revisit this one when we have a few faces back in the squad.

He needs to go right now                                             Why, why, why...let him have a little time to work with our first team.

See what he can do with the near full squad at his disposal 

53 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Correct, forgot the injuries. We have no identity. Are we a team who presses, are we a team who sits back, are we a team who scores goals? I have no idea. 

The one thing you’d expect any manager to do when they first come in is shore up the defence and make us tight as a unit, he hasn’t even done that! 

We are most definitely NOT a team who presses...

1 hour ago, Dot said:

I didn't suggest Bullen as long term manager

I said we need to get rid of Jos and someone said who would you replace him with. short term....Bullen was a suggestion

Long or short you suggested Bullen. 

Seriously how can we judge him without a fully fit squad ? He may not be the man for us and he may only be here till end of season. He has got us more disciplined and fitter and as long as we stay u have to say he has been a success because we were in free fall with Carlos for sure

2 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Neither you nor I know what standard or level of fitness is of the players at his disposal. One thing is clear, not one in that side playing recently would get a first choice place in any half decent Wednesday  team, thats not this managers fault. I bet if he knew half and a quarter of what he knows now when he signed I think he would have given Wednesday a miss. Hes had to put up with one conspiracy theory after another, explain why players are having set backs etc etc. It should never be like this for a manager. I certainly feel is anguish and to be prefectly honest he doesnt derserve some of the shi*te spouted on here. 

Not aimed at you CLswfc but the mood music suggesting that JL should be given a free pass due to the clubs injury crisis is wearing thin IMO. 

Dont get me wrong, he or any other manager faces a huge challenge given the number of missing first team players. 

However, his team selections, tactics and (apparent) lack of motivation seem to have made things worse.

Our squad is undoubtedly weakened right now. JL’s options are severely limited. But take a look the first teams of Bristol City, Preston, Blunts, Millwall, Ipswich, Brentford, Ipswich, Forest. None of their first choice teams are full of household names or superstars.

Even with our injuries we have been able to field Hunt, Pudl, Boyd, Jones, Reach, Rhodes. Whatever we may think of them and their performances, they have real pedigree at this level and would arguably be first teamers at any of the teams above. 

I believe a good manager could get much more out of the players that are available rather than focusing on the players that are not available. 

6 minutes ago, owls_wawaw said:

Seriously how can we judge him without a fully fit squad ? He may not be the man for us and he may only be here till end of season. He has got us more disciplined and fitter and as long as we stay u have to say he has been a success because we were in free fall with Carlos for sure

Genuine question. How are we more disciplined? Conceding set pieces in dangerous areas (leading to goals). Leaving opponents unmarked in the area. Giving possession away cheaply in our defensive third. Conceding injury time goals. Doesn’t feel more disciplined to me.

once again an individual error costs us points ,was the same on Tuesday,  ........is that down to jos ?......he picks the team , he coaches them so I guess it must be but if an experienced player can't stop someone who's boxed in down by the corner flag putting in a cross in the 93 minute then I don't know  what else he can do . 

Sadly not the manager I was expecting him to be, certainly after the first two games.  There’s a lack of enthausiasm and motivation coming from the manager and I think our ridiculous circumstances have affected him too now. 

Personally I think we need a British manager that is shouting from the sidelines to motivate this group of players. 

A Pearson, Potter, Smith, Johnson, Hurst would be ideal, but unlikely to want to join until the summer and as long as our financial situation isn’t too bad

Guest mkowl

Can't we just agree that both CC and JL have underperformed based on the resources available. Both have produced dull boring insipid football and neither have instilled confidence into the players they have had available.

Both are / were equally poor

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Can't we just agree that both CC and JL have underperformed based on the resources available. Both have produced dull boring insipid football and neither have instilled confidence into the players they have had available.

Both are / were equally poor

how can the manager instill confidence into a player ?....he may tell them everyday they are the best he's ever worked with  and they have the ability to go out and win games on there own  , he may tell em there fecking useless and there out the side once he gets some of the injured back ..we don't know do we . I think it's more down to the players to believe in themselves rather than blame the manager .......you say carlos was poor in giving players confidence but the Swansea players seem to have found some since he arrived .

Even the radio Sheffield lads were starting to question him earlier. When supposedly impartial sports reporters do that you know somethings not right

Im far from convinced he’s up to the job here. Despite the injuries, he’s had sufficient quality available to produce better results than he has

Also instead of halting the slide he’s somehow managed to oversee us getting worse

Guest mkowl

They can instill confidence by playing a style and tactics that suit the squad. Perhaps there is confusion over the message being promoted by them at the training ground.

Constant changes in the team picked. Whether substitutions are making a difference. That they are drilled properly on set pieces. That the HT team talk makes a difference.

A lack of belief in the manager and his decisions to me is a big chunk of it. I think the lower performance under the last half of CC's stems from the players no longer having that belief