Jos the joker...go now

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

.you say carlos was poor in giving players confidence but the Swansea players seem to have found some since he arrived .

Maybe he can choose the players he wants in the side :ph34r: and thus the style that suits the players he picks :ph34r::ph34r:

25 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Sadly not the manager I was expecting him to be, certainly after the first two games.  There’s a lack of enthausiasm and motivation coming from the manager and I think our ridiculous circumstances have affected him too now. 

Personally I think we need a British manager that is shouting from the sidelines to motivate this group of players. 

A Pearson, Potter, Smith, Johnson, Hurst would be ideal, but unlikely to want to join until the summer and as long as our financial situation isn’t too bad

Totally agree, we are making a mistake putting an unknown foreign manager in charge of our situation now, and for next season too. Chansiri should listen to the fans and put Pearson or Smith in charge for next season. Ex-owls who will instil some passion and fight back into the club 

• Like 1

Everyone makes bad decisions, the trick is to quickly bury them and move on...what makes a bad decision a disastrous decision is the unwillingness to accept it and a determination to persist with it in the hope that it will come right.

a blind man on a charging horse can see that Jos is a bad decision.

25 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Everyone makes bad decisions, the trick is to quickly bury them and move on...what makes a bad decision a disastrous decision is the unwillingness to accept it and a determination to persist with it in the hope that it will come right.

a blind man on a charging horse can see that Jos is a bad decision.

ron Atkinson in his 1st full season in charge with a full squad of players in which he had signed 6 of them had a record after 10 games far worse than what jos as had .....he managed to turn it round so much  that we didn't get relegated until the last game of that season but none of us ever really doubted him  .....i'm not blind and don't have a charging horse so maybe that's my excuse for not seeing that jos isn't capable of doing the job . ....he may turn out to be a duffer but then again he may not and until he's had a fair crack at  it with some creative players in the team I think it's best to hold fire on the judgement . 

1 hour ago, TINKERBELL said:

Our players did when cc arrived 

It won't last long at Swansea as it all goes South and that's why Carlos has had so many jobs

Choose what you think of him but Warnock is a top manager at this level 

it lasted two years for him here  and i'm sure Swansea will be delighted if he does the same there .......Warnock is very good at our level but his record in the prem is abysmal where as carlos as taken to it like a duck to water .

4 hours ago, Dot said:

Seriously we need to get rid, he has not got a clue.

One of the worst managers ever at our club

We would have been at least 5 points better off now under CC.

when the angry mob on here were baying for Carlos I had this nagging feeling, be careful what you wish for.

Jos's tactics are bizarre (5-5 anyone)

the players haven't a clue what they are doing

Most players are scared to make a tackle

zero passion in any of them

He needs to go right now

Oh come on,  get a grip Dot please. I disagree with you, and for that matter this type of speculative nonsense is just silly, IMHO. Get a sense of balance. Do you really want to wee wee tail the rest of the season up with a change of manager? 

Even Guardiola couldn't semble a sense of purpose from this carnage.

Please. 

Get behind the club at least. Try and resist this nonsense. That's what it is after all.

We are on our arse at the moment, no need to stick the chuffing boot in.

X

4 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Genuine question. How are we more disciplined? Conceding set pieces in dangerous areas (leading to goals). Leaving opponents unmarked in the area. Giving possession away cheaply in our defensive third. Conceding injury time goals. Doesn’t feel more disciplined to me.

Exactly this: We look far more disorganised at the back now.

And we're conceding on terrible defending

8 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I totally agree about Jos, but Carlos was absolutely useless this season before he went . 

Not as useless..

1.173 points per game, 26% win ratio and -2 GD under Carlos this season

0.727 points per game, 9%  win ratio and -8 GD under Luhukay....... (over half the number of games) 

Luhukay is a complete useless joke and we'd have been far better off collectively backing a manager that was relatively hugely successful over the last 2 years...

5 hours ago, torryowl said:

ron Atkinson in his 1st full season in charge with a full squad of players in which he had signed 6 of them had a record after 10 games far worse than what jos as had .....he managed to turn it round so much  that we didn't get relegated until the last game of that season but none of us ever really doubted him  .....i'm not blind and don't have a charging horse so maybe that's my excuse for not seeing that jos isn't capable of doing the job . ....he may turn out to be a duffer but then again he may not and until he's had a fair crack at  it with some creative players in the team I think it's best to hold fire on the judgement . 

You could give this guy as long as you want but he is no Ron Atkinson. Atkinson actually did keep Eustace’s team in Div 1 when he was bought in to rescue a season, but if you need to compare him to earlier Wednesday managers then Chris Turnee and Alan Irvine are the ones to pick. They came into similar if not worse situations, they had better records than this guy and were both blöödy useless.

3 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

Exactly this: We look far more disorganised at the back now.

And we're conceding on terrible defending

i go the other way and like how he sets the side up that individuals keep making mistakes is only down to jos in so much that he picks them . ...brum 2 horrendous errors ,millwall the same , yesterday an experienced player unable to do a simple job , Tuesday a howler by the keeper and i'm sure there's others along the way that's a lot of points to chuck away .he can drill them all week in how to defend this system or any other for that matter and none of them will work if players keep messing up .when he arrived we had  quite a few clean sheets so the system works if the players do there job . 

2 hours ago, robswfc said:

Not as useless..

1.173 points per game, 26% win ratio and -2 GD under Carlos this season

0.727 points per game, 9%  win ratio and -8 GD under Luhukay....... (over half the number of games) 

Luhukay is a complete useless joke and we'd have been far better off collectively backing a manager that was relatively hugely successful over the last 2 years...

So JL as had at his disposal a choice of 35 or so professionsals like CC had. Right. Don't think so yet you along with quite a few on here are calling him a joke. So which highy successful manager ( any division )is available and who you would think would even come to SWFC with a chairman like DC. There are quite a few firing from the hip but not giving this situation an ounce of thought. Yet they are experience enough to make a personal assessment of the manager. Just shows the standard of some of the fanbase. 

Guest Bulgaria
10 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

How can JL be judged on 8 weeks of forced into playing players and tactics. Give the guy a chance. He got nothing to work with but still picking up points on the way.

My blind dog would have picked up a few points in the last 2 months.

He ain't got nothing about him at all, he will be up there with Peter Eustace as our worst manager ever.

11 hours ago, Dot said:

Seriously we need to get rid, he has not got a clue.

One of the worst managers ever at our club

We would have been at least 5 points better off now under CC.

when the angry mob on here were baying for Carlos I had this nagging feeling, be careful what you wish for.

Jos's tactics are bizarre (5-5 anyone)

the players haven't a clue what they are doing

Most players are scared to make a tackle

zero passion in any of them

He needs to go right now

At least 5 points better off under Carlos

lol

..he’s gone pal, get over it

Edited by Earlsfieldowl
  • Thanks 1