Who will be SWFC manager next season?

Who will be SWFC manager next season?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be SWFC manager next season?

• Jos Luhukay
    • A different manager with promotions in English football on his CV
    • A different manager with promotions in foreign football on his CV
    • A different manager with no promotions on his CV

I'm curious what everyone else's gut feeling is.

I think we'll probably stay up purely because there will be three teams who are somehow worse than us. That will mean Jos has succeeded in doing what he was brought in to do and he'll therefore be our manager next season. Ideally I'd like for him to keep us up then we recruit someone with promotions in English football on their CV. A Steve Bruce or [insert your favourite successful Championship manager]. If Jos leaves I feel like it'll be another manager with no English football experience but some foreign football promotions.

Can't see Jos staying, think it would be a mistake (like retaining CC this season).

Expect someone we have to Google, unless DC learns his lesson.

Mccarthy will be available, as will Pardew most likely  (linked before and nobody else  in the premier league will touch him now). Hurst will most likely be managing in the championship next season and brings a winning mentality and promotion experience.

Not advocating any of these in particular, just highlighting examples closer to home if DC will open his eyes and recognise the value of experience in this league. Aside from wolves who bought promotion, all other top 6 teams have managers with experience of english  leagues (and mostly british)

By all accounts his contract is longer than this season, so I think (unless he walks) he'll still be around next season.

Even if he's sacked, Chansiri seems to think that European coaches are the answer, so it will most likely be another little known import.

My own feel is that at this level, a manager who knows the EFL is the way ahead. Either an English manager or an overseas one who has a few years wotking in the EFL. Very few teams in The Championship have foreign managers / coaches in their first EFL job.

47 minutes ago, Wednesday-Wonderland said:

I'm curious what everyone else's gut feeling is.

I think we'll probably stay up purely because there will be three teams who are somehow worse than us. That will mean Jos has succeeded in doing what he was brought in to do and he'll therefore be our manager next season. Ideally I'd like for him to keep us up then we recruit someone with promotions in English football on their CV. A Steve Bruce or [insert your favourite successful Championship manager]. If Jos leaves I feel like it'll be another manager with no English football experience but some foreign football promotions.

It will probably be Chansiri