When did you fall in love with our club?

It was 1982 for me, my late farther had taken me to my first game after we have moved back to Sheffield from Cyprus, after he had left the army.

I was nine/ten years old, and til that point he had told me stories of Wednesday so there was already big seed planted in my soul.

We were stood in the bottom of the leppings lane corner right at the fence, it was raining and cold, a cross came in, and Andy McCulloch jumped 'through' two defenders and the goalkeeper to power home a header, everyone went mental.......that was me done - love for Wednesday (which has been indescribably tested since) cemented.

Sitting on this train travelling back north I don't actually remember who we were playing that day, but the programme is in the loft at home so I might have to dig it out this weekend......

What is your falling into the black hole gravitational pull story?

• Like 1

My first time on the Kop - Southampton at home 92/93

Think we had another trip to Wembley coming up as we rested most of the team. 

I sat on a crush barrier with my dad stood behind it with his arms around me 

Wednesday won 5-2 and Bart-Williams got a hat trick. 

1989, a 3-0 win at home against Charlton was my first game I went to. My late mum's husband took me and I had jam sandwiches in the stand and watched Hirst score twice and Dalian Atkinson (RIP) score the other.

Was hooked from then and Hirst became my hero. Bad season mind but the following one was alright I guess!

• Thanks 1

Man City at home , April 1970 , when we got  relegated from 1st Division, 46,000.

Playing in their then away kit like AC Milan's, City tried to throw game to keep us up and we still lost. Not a lot changes.

But this was soon followed by Pele at Hillsbrough with Santos - weekday afternoon as electricity rationed, due to miners' strike.

We all wagged school that day. Brilliant.

• Like 1

I've had a season ticket since 88 - 5 years old.

I've always loved and hated it at the same time. I would never stop going (while i am fortunate enough to), but for the highs you get from going you don't half get some lows!

I've got lifelong friends through it, it's cost me a fortune at times, it can make my week, month, year and at the same time destroy them.

I often wonder what it must be like to not love a football club - boring is always my answer

Edited by torres
  • Like 3

Boxing day 1967 spending Christmas with my gran and family we were supposed to be going back to Darlington that day but a change of plan so with all my relations telling me for years about the mighty owls I had the chance to see for myself it was Leeds we lost but I was hooked and have been ever since i was fifteen now sixty five my two sons are season ticket holders as i am and it's been one hell of a rollercoaster but I wouldn't change anything 

• Like 2

I never went to the football with my dad a big regret and he is no longer with us now, but myself and my sister got into the games in the late 80's I was only 11/12 she 7 years older than me, I went for the football she went because a few of the players had nice legs. We started every so often then we were going every week then we were season ticket holders on the south, we missed 3 games in 14 years and in 2002 or so time we just fell out of love with the club, the players didn't seem bothered the club was a shambles and we started to go less and less and fine other things to spend our money on.

We had some good time though and the Euro 96 games were brilliant forgetting the kop in the Danish red and white how that was allowed to happen god only knows but we were sat behind the goal when Davor Sukar scored that sublime goal chipping Schmichael.

the players we have in the 80/90 were the best i had ever know can you imagine the modern day prices of Waddle/Sheridan/Palmer/Harkes with Hirst and Bright up front and Nigel Pearson, Walker in defense and keeper of the ilk of Woods and Pressman we would be talking £100m's

• Like 1