Carlos had a dream..

Carlos The Jacket. . . And The Bragging Rights Of The Tailor From Braga

Carlos Carvalhal has revealed the story behind his lucky jacket that is helping Swansea City climb away from the relegation zone.

The Swansea City manager flashed open the lining of his suit jacket after the victory over Sheffield Wednesday last week to reveal an embroidered message – “Carlos had a dream”.

It was a reference to a song the Wednesday fans used to sing about their former boss, before he left the club in late December and went on to join the Swans.

But the tailor who stitched in the message was not a Yorkshireman, but a Portuguese from Carvalhal’s home town of Braga.

Carvalhal says: “Where does Carlos had a dream come from?

“It is from a song the Sheffield Wednesday fans sang about me, but I must tell you I did not ask for that.

“I buy my clothes in one shop in my home city of Braga. The guy there is very creative, he offered me some shoes on my birthday and he had put ‘Carlos had a dream’ on them’.

“I bought a suit from him, and inside – even though I did not ask for it – he had put ‘Manager, Carlos Carvalhal – Carlos had a dream’.

“But he did it himself. I am not a narcissist. I did not request it, it was a surprise for me.”

Owlstalk Shop

I'm all for the positivity drive old Bean. Am a full signed up member. Firmly believe in creating a positive vibe and atmosphere.

But if it's a genuine quest then surely regular Carlos updates are somewhat against the grain.

Self defeating, seeing as the fan base is still totally split on our former manager.

5a9c3ad95264d_2018-03-0418_30_33.png.8aa2362be6105ed8f77bd1615faee07a.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1