Injured Players - They do what they want?

1 minute ago, Bronco Blue said:

It may be possible the injured players had permission to be elsewhere. If they ask and are given permission the point is answered. 

If their contract states they have to attend home games, for example, even when not playing one assumes the club has some system of fines they can levy.

Also, Ikea is not yet a major Swedish league team, so there's no poaching going on.

I don't think anyone is saying they are breaking any rules if they don't attend games.

I don't think its a big issue if they choose not to attend home games if they don't have to.

But would be a sign of 'We are all in this together' if they did attend.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Doesn't bother me as such.

But.... the idea that any man would choose to spend his Saturday shopping when he could be watching football is completley alien to me.

Especially a quality team like Villa!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

some managers (Warnock for one ) don't like injured players being round the team on matchdays ...summat to do with them being on a downer and it 's not good when he's trying to get the squad into an upbeat frame of mind ........

I totally get that. I'm not suggesting the injured players should be in the dressing room or anything. Just for them to be a presence at the match. In a box or in the directors box... 

33 minutes ago, ramone said:

One thing that has really wound me up over recent months seeing injured not supporting their team mates at matches. 

Barry Bannan was tweeting about how exited he was to go to Ikea when we were getting a thumping away at Brentford. A mate of mine saw Almen Abdi walking through a park on Saturday while we were getting defeated at home to Villa. Forestieri not even being in the country for the last 5 months etc. 

For me, it shows a total lack of respect to the club, their team mates, their manager and the fans. I'm sure at most clubs up and down the country, if you;re injured you still attend the games and cheers your team mates on. For me, if i was on the pitch and i looked up at the Directors Box and i saw Fernando Forestieri, Gary Hooper, Barry Bannan et al watching me, i'd put a right shift in knowing that i want to keep one of them out of the side when they're back fit. I'd also no want to embarrass myself in front of them. Its almost like if you're injured, you're allowed to collect your coin every week without any responsibility.  

Am i on my own with this or does it bother other people too? 

I went to Ikea on Sunday, and believe me, that is a punishment.

Makes Bristol a stroll in the park.

Edited by adelphi1867
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

some managers (Warnock for one ) don't like injured players being round the team on matchdays ...summat to do with them being on a downer and it 's not good when he's trying to get the squad into an upbeat frame of mind ........

Go and get a bath son ya mekking me feel sick lol 

• Haha 1

Should be down to the manager. If he thinks it would improve team spirit and encourage the playing squad then he should be able to have them there. If he thinks they are a distraction, it would be his shout.

5 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Ao I take it from this post that the OP, if sick from work, would still go in and watch his mates do his job PMSL

I started a new job. Broke my ankle at Concorde park playing football. Called in to inform boss who clearly didn't believe me. 

Couldnt drive so walked 4.5 miles on crutches into offices. 

His face. PMSL...

1 minute ago, Snake Plissken said:

I started a new job. Broke my ankle at Concorde park playing football. Called in to inform boss who clearly didn't believe me. 

Couldnt drive so walked 4.5 miles on crutches into offices. 

His face. PMSL...

I would have given you a payrise for doingnthat, proper commitment. Did he drive you back home lol

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What the hell is this thread?

lol

Players going to the shops shock

I honestly dont' know if this thread should be deleted or not

aggghghghghghg

I rarely agree with Ramone but I agree with the op.

It’s not about going to the shops. It’s going to the shops when people believe they should be working. Just because they are injured doesn’t mean they should be away from the club.

When I was playing for academies and semi pro people were expected to go to games.

I had a long term injury for around 5 months where my dad would drive me about an hour down the M1 to our ground. In my suit to get with the rest of the players and then sit in the dugout. Or travel on the coach to away games. 

I was treated like the rest of the squad and was expected to behave like the rest of them. I got a bollocking once for going in the changing rooms at half time with a pie though. 

I know an ex Wednesday captain from 4 or 5 years ago who didn’t have to go to games with a long term injury. Instead he’d be out which is completely fine because he was told he could do what he wanted. 

It’s mutual respect and it should apply 10 fold to proffessionals who aren’t employed by the club. It’s down to the club to implement this though. 

I think people are mixing employees of the club and fans up, when I'm off sick the last place I want to be is my workplace.  They are just doing a job, they aren't fans, we all go to work for the money, footballers are no different.

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ps - I thought that Jos had sorted this so that all players attended training, turned up at the same time, and went to support their teammates at games etc?

After watching the match on saturday, im struggling to see anything Jos has sorted! 

9 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I would have given you a payrise for doingnthat, proper commitment. Did he drive you back home lol

He made me a company director within two years. 

No but the office manager did. 

I married her. 

Then he sold the business.

Naturally I got foocall as I had a different class of share. Apparently. 

21 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I still go in and watch my work colleagues boxing components when I'm off injured. Sometimes when I'm on holiday too......

Puts readers on ..............

I thought you'd put " Boxing Opponents"

there ?

Thought "Hitcat" was your cage name 

lol

1 hour ago, ramone said:

One thing that has really wound me up over recent months seeing injured not supporting their team mates at matches. 

Barry Bannan was tweeting about how exited he was to go to Ikea when we were getting a thumping away at Brentford. A mate of mine saw Almen Abdi walking through a park on Saturday while we were getting defeated at home to Villa. Forestieri not even being in the country for the last 5 months etc. 

For me, it shows a total lack of respect to the club, their team mates, their manager and the fans. I'm sure at most clubs up and down the country, if you;re injured you still attend the games and cheers your team mates on. For me, if i was on the pitch and i looked up at the Directors Box and i saw Fernando Forestieri, Gary Hooper, Barry Bannan et al watching me, i'd put a right shift in knowing that i want to keep one of them out of the side when they're back fit. I'd also no want to embarrass myself in front of them. Its almost like if you're injured, you're allowed to collect your coin every week without any responsibility.  

Am i on my own with this or does it bother other people too? 

I'm sure it's either mandatory or club policy at other clubs. I agree they should be there unless they have good reason not to be.

On a day where we’ve had someone posted about how weird they acted around Hutch buying stuff for a baby, we now have a thread criticizing players for shopping on match time.

Might I suggest that given the weird behavior of our fans that it’s probably fair to let the injured players enjoy a bit of shopping in peace when the match is goIng on

Also: 1. When else goes into work to cheer on their colleagues when they’re not due in the office?

2. It’s very standard practice that players don’t have to attend when not in the MD squad - so if you’re looking at that as the root of our ills, look again

Edited by McRightSide
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1