Injured Players - They do what they want?

One thing that has really wound me up over recent months seeing injured not supporting their team mates at matches. 

Barry Bannan was tweeting about how exited he was to go to Ikea when we were getting a thumping away at Brentford. A mate of mine saw Almen Abdi walking through a park on Saturday while we were getting defeated at home to Villa. Forestieri not even being in the country for the last 5 months etc. 

For me, it shows a total lack of respect to the club, their team mates, their manager and the fans. I'm sure at most clubs up and down the country, if you;re injured you still attend the games and cheers your team mates on. For me, if i was on the pitch and i looked up at the Directors Box and i saw Fernando Forestieri, Gary Hooper, Barry Bannan et al watching me, i'd put a right shift in knowing that i want to keep one of them out of the side when they're back fit. I'd also no want to embarrass myself in front of them. Its almost like if you're injured, you're allowed to collect your coin every week without any responsibility.  

Am i on my own with this or does it bother other people too? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

What the hell is this thread?

lol

Players going to the shops shock

I honestly dont' know if this thread should be deleted or not

aggghghghghghg

Do you have a problem me or something? Its a genuine question. Players not attending matches really bothers me. Go to Ikea on an another day!! Not on a match day.

Anyway, dont stop that from making one of your regular posters think 'what the fizz is the point coming on here' 

• Like 1

Just now, ramone said:

Do you have a problem me or something? Its a genuine question. Players not attending matches really bothers me. Go to Ikea on an another day!! Not on a match day.

Anyway, dont stop that from making one of your regular posters think 'what the fizz is the point coming on here' 

No issue with you no

Just think this thread is a bit odd like the bloke who shouted about the player who drove a Bentley car

Apologies mate - carry on

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Depends would they have to stump up  pay on the day prices? Would be a bit minty for a box in south stand. Suppose Abdi, Hutch and Matias could just get season tickets to make it cheaper across the year. I would probably go one further and have a couple of them in the Ozzie and Barney costumes and the rest working behind the bar in The Wednesday Tap.

• Haha 3

Just now, @owlstalk said:

No issue with you no

Just think this thread is a bit odd like the bloke who shouted about the player who drove a Bentley car

Apologies mate - carry on

lol

I thought it was good discussion point for people as me and a few of my pals think its an issue. They're employees of the club. They should be there when we play. SImple as that. 

If you disagree, No problem, just delete the thread 

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

I was part of a team when I worked but I don't recall going in to watch them work when I was on the sick .....

Thats not a direct comparison pal... You were ill which means you couldn't attend work. Probably too ill to leave the house. The players aren't ill are they. 

They can go places. Ikea, the park etc. so they can turn up to Hillsborough.

If you dont see it as a problem then fine. It just bothers me. 

I honestly think it's a good point, he is saying whilst the games are on. If I am the manager and I hear that players are tweeting on a social platform about Ikea while we are being beaten I would have a word with that player. That stuff shouldn't be done on matchday. The injured players should be around the squad and at the match so they can learn the tactics and merge into the atmosphere of the squad. Once players have had rehab away from the club they should be around the squad at all times. They are paid to be a player injured or not. Good post. The worst example of this was when Villa were going down and straight after the match Joleon Lescott posted pictures of his new Bentley, that went down well. lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PopePiusX said:

It bothers me to some extent. I worry that when we're on horrific runs of form like this, anything moderately negative seems to have added significance. I seriously don't think anybody would give a f*ck if we were flying.

Probably not pal. It would go a long way to see them all there though i think. It shows a togetherness. Plus, they get paid fortunes and all that results in what happens on the field on a saturday afternoon. The fact they dont have to turn up for games staggers me. 

Also, i'd want to turn up. You want to see what your team mates are like in a game situation. Being sat in the stands watching has surely got to be the best thing for that. Hardly surprising they look like a bunch of strangers on the pitch

3 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

I honestly think it's a good point, he is saying whilst the games are on. If I am the manager and I hear that players are tweeting on a social platform about Ikea while we are being beaten I would have a word with that player. That stuff shouldn't be done on matchday. The injured players should be around the squad and at the match so they can learn the tactics and merge into the atmosphere of the squad. Once players have had rehab away from the club they should be around the squad at all times. They are paid to be a player injured or not. Good post. The worst example of this was when Villa were going down and straight after the match Joleon Lescott posted pictures of his new Bentley, that went down well. lol

Thanks for understanding!! :stuwinky: Thats exactly what i was getting at. 

6 minutes ago, ramone said:

I thought it was good discussion point for people as me and a few of my pals think its an issue. They're employees of the club. They should be there when we play. SImple as that. 

yeah agreed mate - apologies - I took the thread the wrong way

lol

Owlstalk Shop