Injured Players - They do what they want?

sometimes (like I did) the players who are injured get peed off when they can't play so tend to do other things rather than sit going through the motions knowing they can't do diddly squat about the situation  ,so i believe it's down to the individual deciding whether to go or not , 

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Don't know why but this has really put a smile on my face.

Because you can imagine an unfit tubby first choice keeper weeing his manager off that I can’t play when we are losing 2-0 at half time. Then eating things I shouldn’t. got kicked out n everything lol 

• Haha 1

Ramone is correct. All players should be attending as a minimum home games even if its just so some fans can have a chance to meet the players. Even Sunday league players turn up to watch their mates when they are injured. We seem to have some players that find it quite easy to collect their wages but struggle to turn up on a match day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So to add to this a bit, I sit where a lot of the players get family tickets, and over the last number of weeks, I've seen Abdi, Lees, Palmer, Loovens, Matias, Van Aken & even Forestieri last week and Hooper. 

A number of them go in boxes but some sit in the stands and they seem to regularly be there. 

Re Abdi, it depends on the circumstances for example. He had played the U23 game the day before and who knows what time he was told to be at middlewood road for his recovery? 

Re Bannan out furniture shopping whilst we were playing at Brentford, hardly makes sense to send an injured player down to watch swfc in London for hours at the end of December and disrupt his physio etc, why would you do that?

3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

So to add to this a bit, I sit where a lot of the players get family tickets, and over the last number of weeks, I've seen Abdi, Lees, Palmer, Loovens, Matias, Van Aken & even Forestieri last week and Hooper. 

A number of them go in boxes but some sit in the stands and they seem to regularly be there. 

Re Abdi, it depends on the circumstances for example. He had played the U23 game the day before and who knows what time he was told to be at middlewood road for his recovery? 

Re Bannan out furniture shopping whilst we were playing at Brentford, hardly makes sense to send an injured player down to watch swfc in London for hours at the end of December and disrupt his physio etc, why would you do that?

I was about to post the same. Against Cardiff I think it was, I saw Hutch, Lees, Bannan, Van Aken, Hooper and Abdi. Against Derby I know Bannan, Hooper and Lees were there. Forestieri was there against Villa. I thought Jos had insisted that they were there at home matches. Explains why they keep showing up in the club shop. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ramone said:

One thing that has really wound me up over recent months seeing injured not supporting their team mates at matches. 

Barry Bannan was tweeting about how exited he was to go to Ikea when we were getting a thumping away at Brentford. A mate of mine saw Almen Abdi walking through a park on Saturday while we were getting defeated at home to Villa. Forestieri not even being in the country for the last 5 months etc. 

For me, it shows a total lack of respect to the club, their team mates, their manager and the fans. I'm sure at most clubs up and down the country, if you;re injured you still attend the games and cheers your team mates on. For me, if i was on the pitch and i looked up at the Directors Box and i saw Fernando Forestieri, Gary Hooper, Barry Bannan et al watching me, i'd put a right shift in knowing that i want to keep one of them out of the side when they're back fit. I'd also no want to embarrass myself in front of them. Its almost like if you're injured, you're allowed to collect your coin every week without any responsibility.  

Am i on my own with this or does it bother other people too? 

Your exactly right, every player should attend every match weather there playing or not, there still getting paid

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Ps - I thought that Jos had sorted this so that all players attended training, turned up at the same time, and went to support their teammates at games etc?

That surely has to be a minimum for these over paid over hyped prima donnas.

I mean how hard can it be to support your team mates , sit in exec boxes and be privileged to be getting paid whilst doing it ?

Guest Grez Bez

I think it should be mandatory for home games but there is no point in funding travel & hotels for trips away.

I saw westwood at a recent game walking without a limp,he was with his son ,but left at around 240pm over bridge don't know if he was sticking around to watch game or he left to go home , not bothered really I'm more bothered about why we are getting players fit and then there having to do a months training before they are considered . the situation we are in players who have been training a few days need at least putting on bench. van aken played at forest ,so yet that's not that long ago ,yet he been fully training with squad for 11 days yet has to train for 2-3 weeks longer with 2 u23 game before been considered? why????? we are in a desperate situation ,players fit need playing ,get them super fit in summer not now. 

3 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Oh I've fully grasped the thread ok, I just dont see why it should bother you. Do you go to work when your off sick or injured? 

If you'd read my OP I asked the question if it bothered other people. If it doesn't bother, sound. No problem

I suppose the question is, are they signed off on sick or just on restricted duty? And I mean that in the literal legal sense.

If you were a builder and were signed off sick, no one would expect you to turn up to work. However, if you had say broken your wrist and couldn't do manual labour, you could still answer the phones in the office or answer emails on restrictive duty.

i would have thought football was the same thing. If you were signed off sick, you shouldn't be anywhere near work but if you are just too injured to train or play, I'd imagine you'd still be able to do some of the other jobs involved in being a footballer, such as sitting in on tactical sessions, watching game film or supporting your team from the directors box.

Are some of you real? The days of the chaps catching the bus with the fans to the ground are long gone. They all sell their services to the highest bidder be it wages or length of contract. Why would any of our foreign players have any affinity to the fans or club. Don't you see the irony in the ' they're  one of our own' bullocks. Ffs. Not just our lot, it's the modern game. 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Ps - I thought that Jos had sorted this so that all players attended training, turned up at the same time, and went to support their teammates at games etc?

So also believe this, although I would also say I frequently saw players in the stands under Carlos too. Maybe not quite as many as now, but then we didn't have this level of injuries!