Ross Wallace

8 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

My point exactly 

its not about reporting or getting deleted it’s about the mentality of some fans, not exclusive to this forum granted. 

Oh we had it all this week, people want loovens to retire (another player who has given sterling service). Don't remember the huge outcry on that thread(that's probably because he had a bad game and isn't injured)

People advocating violence against today's ref and a villa player. On social media

Hay that's football fans for you.

It's not club specific, it's a football social media thing.

Sadly.

Edited by Maddogbob

7 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

My point exactly 

its not about reporting or getting deleted it’s about the mentality of some fans, not exclusive to this forum granted. 

Agreed

There is a mixed bag of opinions

some considered, reasoned, intelligent and debatable

some disagreed with on a matter of opinion

and some people who just scapegoat players 

mixed bag innit

i prefer reasoned mature debate every time me and I know you do too

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Oh we had it all this week, people want loovens to retire (another player who has given sterling service). Don't remember the huge outcry on there (that's probably because he had a bad game and isn't injured)

People advocating violence against today's ref and a villa player. On social media

I get your point, it’s not exclusive to here but just seems odd how some subjects are off limits and not others. That’s all. 

its constructive criticism, not a slag against the site or and mods, just firstly don’t understand some fans (that’s my main gripe) and also why some subjects / posts / comments  are deleted and not others. 

Lets let it lie

Just now, Spencerowl said:

I get your point, it’s not exclusive to here but just seems odd how some subjects are off limits and not others. That’s all. 

its constructive criticism, not a slag against the site or and mods, just firstly don’t understand some fans (that’s my main gripe) and also why some subjects / posts / comments  are deleted and not others. 

Lets let it lie

Agree on letting it lie.

The way I see it are people are people, you cant please and agree with everyone. 

Now back to Ross and I'm off to bed.

Wallace has been very good for Wednesday and we should thank him for his efforts. Technically excellent and always played as if it mattered to him. Never saw him to55 it off, wind up merchant who plays with a smile on his face. It’s been a pleasure. 

Edited by BIG D
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, debram said:

Beg to differ, hes been one of the more consistent players during his time at the club, and a character too, ok hes not our future but from me, well done Ross, you could have gone the same way as some of the highly paid big time crocks that we have but you battled on.

Don't see how we are differing . Shrewd signing , but truth is he offers nowt now . 

3 minutes ago, modboy said:

Rather have him on the bench than not at all

Yeah. 

Ross has been poor this season, but then he's still got a knack of pulling out a big performance in important games. 

We ain't safe yet and having his experience and know-how might have proved important. 

The fact is that age is catching up with Ross, much like it has with Loovens. Why some fans can't grasp this and believe that the player is going out of their way to perform badly is beyond me. 

2 minutes ago, markowl said:

Being deliberately antagonistic, then playing the post not poster card every time is becoming very tedious.

It's obvious what you're doing and you're just making the site less enjoyable.

Indeed. 

Has zero interest in actually discussing the game and is trying to fish as he knows full that emotions were running a bit high. 

10 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Oh we had it all this week, people want loovens to retire (another player who has given sterling service). Don't remember the huge outcry on that thread(that's probably because he had a bad game and isn't injured)

It's not club specific, it's a football social media thing.

Sadly.

Sadly indeed. Keyboard warriors. Re Loovens and Wallace. I couldn’t agree more that they have been good servants. Personally I cant question their commitment to the club, passion on the pitch or past contributions. However I do think Father Time has caught up with both of them and they should no longer be first teamers when the injury dust settles.

Been a good servant to the club. Sorry to hear he's injured and wish him a swift recovery. If I were him I would consider dropping to league 1 next season as time is catching up with him. Having said that the way things are going and lady luck has completely deserted us we may end up in the same league next season. 

3 hours ago, markowl said:

Being deliberately antagonistic, then playing the post not poster card every time is becoming very tedious.

It's obvious what you're doing and you're just making the site less enjoyable.

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Indeed. 

Has zero interest in actually discussing the game and is trying to fish as he knows full that emotions were running a bit high. 

Post not poster.

My opinion is that he simply isn’t good enough, I’m entitled to that opinion and can voice it using the words I wish to choose on here. This is what the site is for. I think freeing up his squad spot would allow for a new, exciting young player to make the step up and drive us forward, because I’m positively thinking 

Please use the site for what it is intended and discuss the topic.

11 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Post not poster.

My opinion is that he simply isn’t good enough, I’m entitled to that opinion and can voice it using the words I wish to choose on here. This is what the site is for. I think freeing up his squad spot would allow for a new, exciting young player to make the step up and drive us forward, because I’m positively thinking 

Please use the site for what it is intended and discuss the topic.

Agree.

Offers very little in terms of goals and assists, lacks pace, and has done for 2 seasons now.

On a big wage, and sentimentality has to go out of the window if we are to fix the mess left by Carlos.