Katiren Meire

11 minutes ago, Gordon Watson said:

I agree that she has a fresh start at Sheffield Wednesday and that is how it ought to be. My reaction was because of the suggestion that the notion she did a bad job at Charlton is a flawed one.

May I ask a coup!e of things. How has the survey been used, and was it the fresh start early influence of Katrien Meire that has led to the removal of your Boardroom section on here?

Anyway best wishes from a tin pot fan.

The topics from the main question in the survey were already being discussed before she joined the club.

7 hours ago, McRightSide said:

It’s amazing how:

a. People forget how good Tom Lees is

b. People think he can just be replaced by a young player who has done ok.

I haven’t forgot how good he is. However I’m not one of these who think he can play in the premiership. For this league he is a top defender.

But.... is has value so is a sellable asset.. no other defenders really have this.

He IS better when Loovens is along side him and with Loovens loss of pace he will be playing and possibly here less.

We have kept 6 clean sheets in 9 without him in the team.

We have young lads coming through in his position.

So no I’m not forgetting how good he is or saying Thornley is ready to replace him now. What I am saying is for monetary value for the club selling Lees is an option.

28 minutes ago, steelowl said:

mate what the heck has the size big or little got to do with anything ?

You really need to look at what is available on google - I watched a 2 hour long review of everything that happened if you had you couldn't possibly have that view 

I am going on what other Charlton fans had to say on the whole thing on their forum, not all of them think the same way, as i don't  and am giving the benefit of the doubt. She's at our club now and hopefully will do a good job, that's all that matters

I like it when someone does stuff in background and keeps quiet. it is clear there has been more industry in backroom since she arrived. this has to be a good thing as we had some who it was difficult to see what they had done. it was interesting one guy quickly left and you had a feeling he was rumbled by the new lady.

After a few months it would be nice to have a question and answer session with her on Owlstalk. To find out how she is doing what progress has been made what is next on agenda. Where shethink improvements can be made and provide her with an understanding of where fans are. Think this is important as she has DC's ear and may be able to get things across to him than other methods.

Agree if she sorts out Hirst would be achievement and if she can get players who Jos wants in squad it will be great.

18 hours ago, kristmace said:

She's relatively young for the job and made mistakes at Charlton, but if she's learnt from those, she could do a very good job here. We'll have to wait and see, but she seems to have made a good start. 

Some might suggest those mistakes were not hers.

If I get given a job to do and told how to do it, I do it how I am told or face the consequences.

26 minutes ago, steveger said:

I am going on what other Charlton fans had to say on the whole thing on their forum, not all of them think the same way, as i don't  and am giving the benefit of the doubt. She's at our club now and hopefully will do a good job, that's all that matters

we all hope that 

my main point as you know, was about calling them little / tinpot it has no bearing on whether their complaints were justifiable imo

She seems to be going about her business quietly, probably getting a feel of working for a proper football club.

As for the GH situation, I'm afraid to say that ship as sailed, Thai people are very honorable and do NOT like being disrespected.

It saddens me to say that here is no way back.

This is all My opinion and may be total b0110ck5

• Haha 1

Just now, paddyowl said:

She seems to be going about her business quietly, probably getting a feel of working for a proper football club.

As for the GH situation, I'm afraid to say that ship as sailed, Thai people are very honorable and do NOT like being disrespected.

It saddens me to say that here is no way back.

This is all My opinion and may be total b0110ck5

Reckon he's found out South Yorks people don't either

I think people are taking a leap from "Not being as bad as at Charlton" = "Doing a great job at Wednesday" 

I'll hang fire with both criticism and praise for a while and see how things pan out - particularly in regard to a further round of forward selling season tickets.

Now all we need is for Jos to be the manager Carlos wasn't  (Coach) and actually guide Chansiri and his CEO as to who to buy and that they listen. I hated Carlos because he never took blame for poo signings despite loosely implying or even explicitly admitting he was involved in the process. 

4 hours ago, Gordon Watson said:

Flawed?

I note the 'boardroom' section has gone from Owlstalk.

Anyway I see she is gaining a lot of fans amongst your support which is fair enough and a fresh start and all that.

But flawed?

We lived it.

Katrien Meire amongst the very many wee wee tail ups she created all by herself at Charlton independent of owners instructions bogged off on holiday to Dubai as we were relegated.

Cue witty comments from Wednesdayites. However when you say the assumption that she did a bad job at Charlton is flawed, from your knowledge of Charlton can you tell us the good things she did?

£11 million for a kid striker who scored 10 goals in 45 games in the third tier of English football.

We currently have a striker the same age as when you sold him with a far superior goal scoring record at relevant international age groups , sat wasting his career away and likely to leave for a pittance. 

Unless you are privy to the conversations between her and those she reported to then sadly it’s their opinions which counted as doing a good job or not.

Again it is a flawed assumption that anything she did at Charlton has the slightest relevance to her role here at Hillsborough.

As soon as her appointment was announced a mate called me and said that he’d heard from a guy who he knew, that she was ‘poison’. Now how the hell would anyone in Sheffield, with no Charlton connections, have an in-depth knowledge of her abilities? Why don’t these doom and gloom merchants just urinate off into the horizon, never to be heard of again?

48 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

As soon as her appointment was announced a mate called me and said that he’d heard from a guy who he knew, that she was ‘poison’. Now how the hell would anyone in Sheffield, with no Charlton connections, have an in-depth knowledge of her abilities? Why don’t these doom and gloom merchants just urinate off into the horizon, never to be heard of again?

At a guess I'd say because it's not playing the game is it