Starting lineup for the Swansea game

Rest most of players what will play next Tues at Millwall.  Give Lees abdi and a few of u23s a game , dont see point in risking players in this game , fa cup sadly aint important any more , and there aint hardly any financial gains unless we had man u away etc .even though Id luv that smirk wiping off the clown 

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Rest most of players what will play next Tues at Millwall.  Give Lees abdi and a few of u23s a game , dont see point in risking players in this game , fa cup sadly aint important any more , and there aint hardly any financial gains unless we had man u away etc .even though Id luv that smirk wiping off the clown 

you can get anger management courses free these days 

Jesus he's Swansea manager now get over it 

Wildsmith

Fred              Lees           Thorniley

Hunt             Boyd          Joey         Wallace       Stobbs

Joao           Rhodes

Edited by Fuzzy logics

Players should need no giddy up for this match.

Throw a few unknowns into the equation and I could foresee a slightly ignorant CC returning home.

He will put out a lesser Swansea side.   It's just a question of if those "lesser" players for Swansea have bite or not, and how our players want to strike a response to either CC not playing them, or CC playing them when he shouldn't have (such as Lees if he plays)  

Saturday will be about if our players big up or not, because on paper we get a hiding.   Thankfully football is played on grass, not on paper.  Lets give it a bloody good go.

Id rest the side that played last night,much as I love the cup,we need wins in the league and the squads too depleted to gamble,we need 50 points minimum.and the quicker the better.

The big game for me is Millwall away,and lets keep the same 11 and get a run going,let Carlos have his day,after all hes not had many wins at S6 this season :tango:

have always said if I had the choice of winning a cup game or 3 points in the following  league game i'd go for the latter ........i'm wavering a bit though on this one . 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Wildsmith

Hunt             Boyd          Joey         Wallace       Stobbs

Joao           Rhodes

stobbs & thorniley isn't a good idea mate ,,,,

12 hours ago, owler66 said:

Why did we let him play in the cup seem to remember in the past when we had loan players we weren't allowed to play them in the cup 

Probably because Carlos was still here, and under him the u23`s had no chance of a first team place. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I'd rest Loovens if Lees is fit.  Hunt looked knackered too.

Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Venancio

Pudil

Boyd

Pelupessy

Jones

Reach

Rhodes

Joao

Subs: Wildsmith ( rested), Hunt, Loovens, Fox, Wallace (if fit), Butterfield, Nuhiu

Jos was brave in his team selection against a top side in Derby and it paid dividends, however i would be surprised if he played Hunt, Boyd and possibly Rhodes who always looks knackered plus Clare is cup tied. So i think Jos will go with a more conservative approach on Saturday with Fox coming in for Boyd, Palmer for Hunt, Nuhiu for Rhodes and Jones or Wallace for Clare. I hope im wrong as it was our willingness to attack with purpose that earnt us the win on Tuesday and i feel the addition of Fox and Jones especially would blunt this threat.

A bench mark has been set on Tuesday that we need to aspire to.

Like i say i hope im wrong and we go about our buisness as we did on Tuesday against Derby and not as we did last Saturday against Barnsley.

Edited by full fathom five

Dawson

Hunt                                                                       Boyd

Wallace/Abdi          Jones        Reach      

Joao           Rhodes

14 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Saying rest players the fa cup is not important anymore , absolute rubbish!

We are 9 points clear of the bottom 3 and won't make the play offs so what have we got to lose by playing our strongest side , is there any wonder why the crowds have dwindled in the fa cup ?

Unless the FA do something to make it more appealing for the bigger clubs like a place in the champions league nothing will change I'm afraid and it's been like this for years .

I'm in two minds whether to go or not Saturday because of the above  but If I knew we would be putting out our strongest team against a decent Swansea side and make s game of it , id go, I would feel cheated if we just rested a load for Tuesday at Millwall, I'd rather get to the Quarter finals than beat them but sadly in this age of it all being about money I'll sadly be in the minority.

Edited by Watto

39 minutes ago, Watto said:

Saying rest players the fa cup is not important anymore , absolute rubbish!

We are 9 points clear of the bottom 3 and won't make the play offs so what have we got to lose by playing our strongest side , is there any wonder why the crowds have dwindled in the fa cup ?

Unless the FA do something to make it more appealing for the bigger clubs like a place in the champions league nothing will change I'm afraid and it's been like this for years .

I'm in two minds whether to go or not Saturday because of the above  but If I knew we would be putting out our strongest team against a decent Swansea side and make s game of it , id go, I would feel cheated if we just rested a load for Tuesday at Millwall, I'd rather get to the Quarter finals than beat them but sadly in this age of it all being about money I'll sadly be in the minority.

agree with you, but until  we are 10pts clear of bottom 3 ,we cant risk too many players as we have so few available ,I'm feeling a lot more confident now after Tuesdays win ,but with a wolves a and Norwich h last 2 games I wouldn't want to be 4pts off bottom 3 ,we still have sunderland and hull away lost those 2 and your back in the mire. Id love nothing more than to beat Swansea ,even though they were bottom they have some cracking players and even if we risked our 1st choice available 11 they probably would be too good 4us. its looking like a very poor crowd at the min ,I doubt there will be 15-16000 even at those cheap prices ,if we were asking £40 I doubt 5k would turn up. I used to love the fa cup but its been ruined .