Starting lineup for the Swansea game

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yep he’s cup tied 

I’d keep the same line up and maybe have someone like Palmer instead of Clare? Otherwise i guess it will be Wallace 

Thats what alot of us all agreed on last night, Palmer used to be a midfielder and prob be more suited to get forward like Clare did, Worth a try in my opinion,

Hopefully Wallace replaces Clare and not Butterfield.

Swansea have a couple of lightning quick wingers so although I'd largely keep the same lineup I think we need to tweak the system slightly - Boyd did well on the left last night but he was basically asked to be our entire left side and we were exposed a few times when we lost the ball and he was caught upfield. Not sure we'd get away with that with Dyer, Narsingh, Routledge etc. on the break.

14 minutes ago, Dazblur said:

Clare cup tied I think - (hope I'm wrong)

If so be nice if exact the same as last night

Clare, Stobbs, Thorniley all cup tied.

Wildsmith, Pudil, Venancio, Loovens (lees if 50% fit), Hunt, Pelupessy, Boyd, Jones, Reach, Rhodes, Joao

4 - 1 - 3 - 2 

compack but Pelupessy offering cover for the back 4 but Boyd and reach will need to create the width and chances for the two upfront.

Wildsmith

Hunt Venancio Nielsen Pudil Boyd

Jones Pelupessy Reach

Joao Rhodes

Subs: Dawson, Palmer, Fox, Loovens/Lees, Butterfield, Nuhiu, Preston

Lees coming in for Nielsen if he is fit enough to do so, need to get him playing again. Doubt Loovens can play 3 times in a week, and then 4 in 10.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

I don't think it'll happen but I'd be tempted to switch to a 4231 for this game, with the pace they have down the wings and Carlos' fondness of sitting back and hoping for a break which is actually working now that he's got a side with pace in it.  Hunt and Pudil at FB with Wallace and Reach playing wider to support them in defence and take the attacking burden off them. Jones and Pelupessy sitting in the middle with Boyd playing a bit further forward. Not Butterfield, although I've actually seen comments from fans of his other clubs that he plays better further forward but is usually asked to play a deeper role.