IMPORTANT - Major change in SWFC tickets / online store - please read

The Owls are advising supporters of security changes while accessing the online store.

With immediate effect, the option to log in using Client ID, surname and postcode has been removed.

Users can still access their account by providing their email address or Client ID and password.

Supporters who are unsure of their password simply need to click ‘forgot password’ and enter their date of birth and email address. This will send an automated password reset link.

If there is no email related to the account, please contact the Ticket Office and a member of staff will update the records and send a password reset link.

Thank you for your understanding in this added security measure.

Owlstalk Shop

So these changes happened at least a week ago. I tried four times to reset my password as I hadn't used it for years. Nothing happened. So after a few guesses I finally got in. Why not announce it before you change it and have the option to change password before changing it. 

8 minutes ago, Plonk said:

So these changes happened at least a week ago. I tried four times to reset my password as I hadn't used it for years. Nothing happened. So after a few guesses I finally got in. Why not announce it before you change it and have the option to change password before changing it. 

And where is the fun in that.

28 minutes ago, Plonk said:

What ?

Us do things properly ?

Don't be daft.

I wonder if this means that the survey sent out was fake then especially since it asked for you Client ID, surname and maybe your address / postcode (can't fully remember tbh). Considering there was nothing about it on the website or official channels and only some people got sent the email (I for one didn't get it sent) I think it might be likely. 

40 minutes ago, ThomasSWFC said:

I wonder if this means that the survey sent out was fake then especially since it asked for you Client ID, surname and maybe your address / postcode (can't fully remember tbh). Considering there was nothing about it on the website or official channels and only some people got sent the email (I for one didn't get it sent) I think it might be likely. 

Better not have been fake, I sent them my bank account details and blood type like they asked.

3 hours ago, Plonk said:

On a side note, as a security measure, Barclaycard used to block my card if it was used abroad, but not let me know until somewhere refused it! I always had to phone them to get it working again. This was despite working in France about 10 times a year. Bloody frustrating.

Had problems with this trying to get tickets for the Swansea match, couldn't log onto my account as forgotten the password, also wouldn't recognise my email due to a fault copying it from predictive text. 

Had this happened during a stampede for tickets, then I'd have been devastated. Can't see a stampede in the foreseeable future, but may be a good exercise for anyone unsure about their password, to ensure they CAN access their account with a password, now the client ref., Surname and postcode option is no longer available.