#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

48 minutes ago, Owls99er said:

I can’t see him being sold to a champ rival. Chansiri said he won’t sell him and he wants promotion. Selling FF to Swansea would be promotion suicide 

And I want to sleep with Natalie imbruglia 

• Haha 1

Aston Villa are plotting a swoop to sign Dijon centre-forward Julio Tavares on deadline day, according to the Daily Mail.

The newspaper claimed on their live transfer blog on Thursday [10:27am] that while a late deal for the £2.5million-rated Cape Verde international would be fairly straightforward, Steve Bruce also has his eyes on signing Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham on loan, which can be done by August 31.

Dijon powerhouse Tavares scored 13 goals in 28 appearances across all competitions last season.

Tell me if i missing something but we are under an embargo for incoming players, we have breach the rules and need to get back within them, The chairman has no new sponsorship or advertising income coming in.

Has any one let the club know the membership offer probably won't cover the short fall so the club need to be looking at offloading some players. Something they must have known from April/May this year so if it has to happen they have 12 hours or we will be under another transfer embargo in January and next summer until we get back within the limits.

I hope I am wrong but there seems to be a lot of heads in the Sand and hope it goes away mentality from the club.

6 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Aston Villa are plotting a swoop to sign Dijon centre-forward Julio Tavares on deadline day, according to the Daily Mail.

The newspaper claimed on their live transfer blog on Thursday [10:27am] that while a late deal for the £2.5million-rated Cape Verde international would be fairly straightforward, Steve Bruce also has his eyes on signing Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham on loan, which can be done by August 31.

Dijon powerhouse Tavares scored 13 goals in 28 appearances across all competitions last season.

That player really cuts the mustard.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

You have to love the football league Aston Villa reporting big losses, clearly breaking the rules, can do what they want until next season.

Parachute payments are for teams coming down to pay costs not give then another £40m turnover to spend on players.

It is time the none parachute pyment teams got together and demanded the same rules for all 24 teams or the scrapping of profit and sustainability rule.

Edited by room0035

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You have to love the football league Aston Villa reporting big losses, clearly breaking the rules, can do what they want until next season.

Parachute payments are for teams coming down to pay costs not give then another £40m turnover to spend on players.

It is time the none parachute pyment teams got together and demanded the same rules for all 24 teams or the scrapping of profit and sustainability rule.

I'd like to think they would be up shité creek if they don't manage to go up this year...

Also not really tried to look but how transparent are the rules for spending by the EFL.. surely it should have clear boundaries on how a club spend regardless of parachute payments. If I club spends beyond X amount without selling players to get Y back then it should be immediate action when the transfer window shuts.

44 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Dijon must be missing a striker - I wonder whether he's an angel?

*One for all the Tavares fans out there :biggrin:

Edited by The Dukeries Owl

6 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

I'd like to think they would be up shité creek if they don't manage to go up this year...

Also not really tried to look but how transparent are the rules for spending by the EFL.. surely it should have clear boundaries on how a club spend regardless of parachute payments. If I club spends beyond X amount without selling players to get Y back then it should be immediate action when the transfer window shuts.

Agreed I would also like the scam that Chelsea did yesterday to get around the rules be removed £70m for a keeper and signs a 7 year deal so only £10m of his fees affect FFP each year.

Transfer fees should have to be a cost to the financial statement from day one not split over the length of a contract, this would also hit us, but when team are spending£50-60m to get promoted knowing the financial statements only show expenditure of £10-15m the £40m turnover they get from the Premier League masks everything. 

15 minutes ago, hallam_stallion said:

Dan Burn (Wigan) potentially off to Fulham for £5m... WTF!?!

Burn / Egan... looks like £5m is the new norm for a standard Championship player these days.

Superb business if true, Fulham actually released him two years ago

It's a bit like us paying £5m to Birmingham for Jacques Maghoma