Sign in to follow this  
theowlsman

#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Has there ever been a transfer window where no club has bought anyone? Not even up and coming youths? 

Well, thank god the window is shut, i couldnt keep up with the amount of signings we made .

• Haha 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Well that was...... exciting. Westwood should be made our number one now, he wont but bloody should be.

Absolutely! We have 2 exciting young keepers but one should go on loan to a league 1 side for the season and the other should be back up.

Hes a very good keeper is Westwood and if Chansiri wants promotion this year, whilst unlikely, he will have a damn sight better chance with Westwood in the nets.

I honestly think he won’t be involved as we will try and shift him through the loan window with a view of a permanent.

But what happens then if he doesn’t go? We are then freezing out a top keeper who is an excellent and respected professional and is popular amongst players and fans. Westwood doesn’t deserve it!

As someone who's been banging the "let's sell Westwood" drum since March... I ruddy hope he starts on Saturday

Absolutely no point in having someone of his quality not between the sticks. I rate the youngsters, but it'd be entirely wrong to not play him if he's here and fit. 

• Like 1

Not playing Westwood now just makes no sense. He is the best keeper we have, one of the best in the league.Talk about cutting your nose of to spite your face. If DC has made the decision not to play him its a disgrace.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Not playing Westwood now just makes no sense. He is the best keeper we have, one of the best in the league.Talk about cutting your nose of to spite your face. If DC has made the decision not to play him its a disgrace.

DC was proved right with George Hirst wasn't he?  :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

I know we haven't brought in any new additions, but I think it's a big plus that we have held onto our best players, even more important under the circumstances. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

DC was proved right with George Hirst wasn't he?  :duntmatter:

lol

8 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I know we haven't brought in any new additions, but I think it's a big plus that we have held onto our best players, even more important under the circumstances. 

Exactly this, all I wanted today was to keep Bannan, Fessi etc, and weve done that, so I'm happy

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I think we wasted too much in the last few years that could have been better spent. But have we learnt our lesson? your guess is as good as mine.

of course we've learnt our lesson, we have signed nobody....thats a start :picnic:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mardy Bum said:

of course we've learnt our lesson, we have signed nobody....thats a start :picnic:

Funny guy 

I'm obviously delighted we've kept our best players

However, now my genuine fear is that DC has risked the entire financial future of the club by keeping these players instead of selling to give us even a tiny amount of wiggle room. I appreciate that's a highly pessimistic viewpoint... I'm sure the powers-that-be have done the required maths to ensure that we're not going to be (further) crippled by keeping them. But at the same time, I can't help but be fearful. Fingers crossed eh chaps 

Worst ever Owlstalk thread. 253 pages not one loan. Depressing.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

However, now my genuine fear is that DC has risked the entire financial future of the club by keeping these players instead of selling to give us even a tiny amount of wiggle room. I appreciate that's a highly pessimistic viewpoint... I'm sure the powers-that-be have done the required maths to ensure that we're not going to be (further) crippled by keeping them. But at the same time, I can't help but be fearful. Fingers crossed eh chaps 

They won't have. They think we can go up for some reason. We'll be in trouble next season if we don't go up, the chairman said.

Bannan and Westwood should have both been sold this window. Both out of contact and will walk away for nothing next season. 

If Westwood isn't starting on Saturday then you have to ask WTF is going on. I can see the not playing him if he was about to leave, but as it's not happened he surely has to start doesn't he? 

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

This ^^^. 

I wonder what what is worst case scenario. We allow out of contract players to leave, Lee, Palmer, Bannan, Westwood, Jaoa, Hooper, Matias, Abdi, Jones (think that’s it) all leave free. 

Fessi, Reach, Lees, Winall any other salable asset made available. And kids / freebies used to full those gaps. 

1 minute ago, marshy said:

If Westwood isn't starting on Saturday then you have to ask WTF is going on. I can see the not playing him if he was about to leave, but as it's not happened he surely has to start doesn't he? 

He won’t start and we all know it!