#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, Mardy Bum said:

Wait so other clubs are struggling with money, but yet still signing players and here we are doing nothing. It’s either one rule or the other. 

Villa being the perfect example 

Preston made what could be a good loan signing, if we ever get any money again we need to get their head of recruitment - always sign good young players and sell on for good money, recruit well from the lower leagues and are doing well in the league some would say punching above their weigh.

Just signed Lukas Nmecha from man City on a season loan 2 appearance for city but played for England from under 16 up to under 21 pacy winger/striker would give us an option and some pacy on the flanks.

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Aren't we under so sort of temporary embargo and until we get the green light we can't sign players anyway.

Just the EFL stopping us signing players to give the rest of the league a chance lol

Edited by striker
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Aren't we under so sort of temporary embargo and until we get the green light we can't sign players anyway.

Does that effect loan deals too? Still hoping we can bring in a couple of loanees, if possible, during the loan window. But I don't know if we can or not?

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

I’m glad the window shuts at 5pm today coz I don’t have to waste time staying up till 11pm waiting to hear some Wednesday news.  Can just get home and check the website, any news? No? Great, we can watch Michael portillo’s train journeys 

After Neighbours of course lol

I think the way the EFL are handling our situation is a total joke. I mean public statements can be made with regards to Birmingham plus they are being allowed to sign up to 5 players yet it’s all cloak and dagger with regards to us? It’s bizarre to say the very least?

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Preston always seem to be able to bring in some quality loan players. Wish we had people capable of finding and bringing in exciting prem players on loan.

I said on here months ago i long for us to be run like PNE..

Add Brentford to the list now and of course the holy grail of proper football clubs, Burnley

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

I think the way the EFL are handling our situation is a total joke. I mean public statements can be made with regards to Birmingham plus they are being allowed to sign up to 5 players yet it’s all cloak and dagger with regards to us? It’s bizarre to say the very least?

That's because we are under a self imposed umbongo

Probably...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Does that effect loan deals too? Still hoping we can bring in a couple of loanees, if possible, during the loan window. But I don't know if we can or not?

My understanding of it is until we get the ok, we can't do nothing. Birmingham had similar. then told yes you are under an embargo and these are the restrictions (10 max wage I believe) being one of them. if we not under an embargo then guessing we will loan in and out a lot.

Probably not wanting to get rid of a whole load of players just yet as not sure of the situation. and the ones surplus to requirements no one will touch anyway due to there wages. 

A real tough situation we are in.

Also there will be no big names leaving today unless it is for silly money.  doesn't work for us otherwise.

Edited by pazowl55
  • Thanks 1