#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

17 hours ago, prowl said:

You really don't understand business do you?

An owner can ask whatever price he wants but if he can't find someone to pay that amount he can only sell if he reduces the price. If that means he has to take less than he has invested then it doesn't matter how the investment is shown in the accounts. Directors loans can be written off and very often are

Directors loans can be written off if the Director in question agrees.

Otherwise, they are legally due.

And is one of the main reasons football clubs have gone into Administration previously.

3 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Our instalments paid to Middlesboro wouldn't change. 

FFP is about value of our assets on our books. 

It's a solution for ourselves because of the situation we find ourselves in, in my opinion. 

Of course, as it stands, if Bannan, Joao, Hooper, and Reach don't sign new contracts, come next summer, our FFP position suddenly looks a lot better...despite allowing £30m worth of assets leave for nothing. 

It wouldn't suit all clubs. But giving Bannan, Joao, Hooper and Reach new, improved contracts, actually wouldn't worsen our FFP position, because of the amortisation of their fee (Bannan aside). It may work out, that the increase in wage is nullified by the new amortisation of their fee. So, in actual monetary terms, it'll cost us more (but that isn't a problem, Chansiri wants to invest more, but isn't allowed), but in FFP terms, we improve or at worst, maintain our position, but secure our most valuable assets to long term deals, thus increasing their actual value. 

I have no idea whether this is correct or not but I am not seeing any evidence of this.

The last accounts seem to indicate that he hadn't introduced owner sponsorship up to the levels permitted by FFP.

Additionally, schemes to improve cash flow which have no bearing on FFP (i.e. multi year season tickets) will always get the alarm bells ringing amongst the financially savvy cynics amongst us.

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wrong thread but just seen Fulham have spent 35 million on a new signing. Wonder if we would have spunked that sort of cast if we had got promoted when we had the chance. 

Annoying isn’t it, you just know that if Wednesday ever got promoted they would bring out a new rule that promoted clubs can only spend their crisp sales money on players 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wrong thread but just seen Fulham have spent 35 million on a new signing. Wonder if we would have spunked that sort of cast if we had got promoted when we had the chance. 

Seri is an absolutely unbelievable signing from them, he's been on the verge of signing for Barcelona on multiple occasions.

3 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Seri is an absolutely unbelievable signing from them, he's been on the verge of signing for Barcelona on multiple occasions.

I agree, top signing. Would love us to get to the Premiership even just for a season. People that say they dont want us to get to the Prem because we would lose every game really do baffle me. If we would be in with a chance of signing players like Seri it would be an amazing experience.

1 hour ago, Quist said:

I have spent a few minutes looking through stuff on this website and the piece about amortisation of contracts is under UEFA FFP guidance which is only applicable to Champions and Europa league. He carefully explains this. The piece on Championship is far less detailed and link to EFL website no longer works. I would suspect things could get quite lively when you see a club like Wolves buy a player and immediately loan him out to a Championship club and there can be no argument it is to develop player. This is flagrant breech of spirit of FFP in championship and once one club is breaking rules difficult to impose penalties on others.

There is a good piece in here about amortization of players contracts and although it was written in 2016 and uses premiership clubs as examples I would think the principles are the same.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

3 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

The jimmy smith that left in 2014 and now plays for crawley......................or a different jimmy smith:tongue:

To be fair he's had a decent career in League one. Just didn't work out here but he's not a terrible footballer.

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, glynnb said:

If rather watch him than read all this sheeite about TUG and TUF and amortisation in a transfers thread

Amen to that, brother. 

Just now, swfcGibbo said:

To be fair he's had a decent career in League one. Just didn't work out here but he's not a terrible footballer.

Maybe,haven't taken much notice of him since we had him nearly 10 years ago,but when i read "have heard we're in for him",christ on a skateboard !!!

4 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Why would the "tuna company" want to buy shares in a foreign football club making substantial annual losses and provides absolutely no guarantee of return on investment? (especially when the Chansiri family are only minority shareholders of the said tuna company and have no mandate to use company funds in this manner)?

I’m not saying they’re likely to get involved, bur the Chansiri’s are in positions such as president, CEO and chairman of the board. So, yes, they could probably invest if they wanted to.  

1 minute ago, camffiti said:

We probably have no more than a week to bed in new signings, in time to start the season with us 

RB, LB, CB & pacy right sided attacker, incoming, in the next few days 

post-445-0-03457500-1407231008.png

It's like groundhog day. 

One day we'll hit the ground running 

1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

There is a good piece in here about amortization of players contracts and although it was written in 2016 and uses premiership clubs as examples I would think the principles are the same.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

Thanks for this very helpful. If the clubs use this to calculate profit and loss it will be different to actual profit and loss of club. The guidance for championship clubs says profit or loss before tax. I would be surprised if taxman would allow you to declare income in separate year to you received it. Hence clubs declared profit and loss could be significantly different to what is applicable uner FFP.