#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

36 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

It feels like I'm in a parallel universe, United being linked with Hogan whilst we are linked with Smart of Basingstoke and reputedly casting an eye over a number of Molde players. Given that Molde actually lost to Glenavon, the latter news is hardly likely to get the pulse racing. 

Lets sell forestiera the blades have just sold there star man against the fans wishes and all will be right 

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

Of course they are legally due and should be paid. The point at issue is whether Chansiri will always get his investment in the club back.  HWSI and I are pointing out that it can't be guaranteed. Whether the money is in the accounts as a directors loan or not is largely irrelevant. The club is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. If the best offer DC can get for the club is £50M that is what he will get. If he has outstanding directors loans of £100m he can't add that to the price agreed and effectively get £150M. The best offer was £50m the buyer would walk away.

I get that.

But they are a lot more dangerous to the club than equity.

And when they get to a level that the loans are of a higher value than the clubs worth, they become a potential time bomb.

Totally dependent on the attitude of the Director, obviously.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

United's two main players to be linked with seem to be Kemar Roofe and Scott Hogan, but I just can't believe there's much truth to it - the two of them would cost upwards of £5m each, and where on earth are they going to get the cash from for that? Let's not forget that their joint owners are currently in court battling over who does and doesn't have to fund the club.

Expect them both to be unveiled within the week :ph34r:

Hogan must be on a good wage at villa

56 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

United's two main players to be linked with seem to be Kemar Roofe and Scott Hogan, but I just can't believe there's much truth to it - the two of them would cost upwards of £5m each, and where on earth are they going to get the cash from for that? Let's not forget that their joint owners are currently in court battling over who does and doesn't have to fund the club.

Expect them both to be unveiled within the week :ph34r:

Aside from the asset strippers battling in Court,  the main problem is their wage structure.

Break that and all of a sudden most of their squad want to renegotiate a pay rise.

34 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I get that.

But they are a lot more dangerous to the club than equity.

And when they get to a level that the loans are of a higher value than the clubs worth, they become a potential time bomb.

Totally dependent on the attitude of the Director, obviously.

Which is why the most important factor in all of this is how long DC retains the wish and desire to continue to own our club and try to do the best he can with it for us.

If he loses interest then it could get troublesome .

This thread by the way is awful.

16 minutes ago, striker said:

Aside from the asset (strippers battling in Court),  the main problem is their wage structure.

Break that and all of a sudden most of their squad want to renegotiate a pay rise.

Tell me more lol