#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

50 minutes ago, Shezza said:

I’m not saying they’re likely to get involved, bur the Chansiri’s are in positions such as president, CEO and chairman of the board. So, yes, they could probably invest if they wanted to.  

DC's father and brother hold the two most senior positions on the PLC Board but, if you understand how large organisations operate, that does not give them the mandate to spend company money as they wish. Any spending must firstly get the approval of the PLC Board and then be justified to general shareholders. The general shareholders can, if they wish, raise objections to spending decisions by means of EGM and AGM. Spending company money on loss making ventures not related to the core business of the company, namely food manufacturing and processing, would, I am pretty sure, raise a few eyebrows amongst the general shareholders.

Edited by ChinaOwl

7 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Says who, jos didn’t know hunt was going! 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-give-new-chief-executive-katrien-meire-a-chance-to-prove-her-worth-urges-dejphon-chansiri-1-8954422

The bottom of this article spells it out from DC himself:

Meire will be tasked with supporting the work of Wednesday’s first-team and help with the day-to-day running of the club. “I need someone to help me when I’m not here (in the country),” said Chansiri. “I need someone to help me and I think she is the right one. We recruit people who we think are good.

Guest wilyfox
34 minutes ago, camffiti said:

We probably have no more than a week to bed in new signings, in time to start the season with us 

RB, LB, CB & pacy right sided attacker, incoming, in the next few days 

post-445-0-03457500-1407231008.png

They'll be sh*t anyway. 

2 minutes ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Any truth in the FF to Swansea rumour? 

I imagine DC would want a hell of a lot more for him than 8-10m

No, some guy just made it up on twitter pretending to be Nixon.

• Like 1

It feels like I'm in a parallel universe, United being linked with Hogan whilst we are linked with Smart of Basingstoke and reputedly casting an eye over a number of Molde players. Given that Molde actually lost to Glenavon, the latter news is hardly likely to get the pulse racing. 

6 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

It feels like I'm in a parallel universe, United being linked with Hogan whilst we are linked with Smart of Basingstoke and reputedly casting an eye over a number of Molde players. Given that Molde actually lost to Glenavon, the latter news is hardly likely to get the pulse racing. 

Dem blavdes get linked with players of "ilk" all the time,very,very rarely do they end up signing em.

I've got nay problem trialling non league players.

United's two main players to be linked with seem to be Kemar Roofe and Scott Hogan, but I just can't believe there's much truth to it - the two of them would cost upwards of £5m each, and where on earth are they going to get the cash from for that? Let's not forget that their joint owners are currently in court battling over who does and doesn't have to fund the club.

Expect them both to be unveiled within the week :ph34r:

4 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Directors loans can be written off if the Director in question agrees.

Otherwise, they are legally due.

And is one of the main reasons football clubs have gone into Administration previously.

Of course they are legally due and should be paid. The point at issue is whether Chansiri will always get his investment in the club back.  HWSI and I are pointing out that it can't be guaranteed. Whether the money is in the accounts as a directors loan or not is largely irrelevant. The club is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. If the best offer DC can get for the club is £50M that is what he will get. If he has outstanding directors loans of £100m he can't add that to the price agreed and effectively get £150M. The best offer was £50m the buyer would walk away.

17 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

United's two main players to be linked with seem to be Kemar Roofe and Scott Hogan, but I just can't believe there's much truth to it - the two of them would cost upwards of £5m each, and where on earth are they going to get the cash from for that? Let's not forget that their joint owners are currently in court battling over who does and doesn't have to fund the club.

Expect them both to be unveiled within the week :ph34r:

Loaning players seems to be their way at the minute.