Jordan Rhodes - Disaster

6 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

I suggest that DC and Jos invite Sean Dyche out for a few beers, and whilst he’s at his most inebriated persuade him to take Rhodes on a low cost loan deal until the end of the season, I wager that a different Jordan Rhodes would return.

Yes, I'd be astounded if five months turning out for Burnley reserves didn't turn out to be the answer to all Rhodes' problems.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yes, I'd be astounded if five months turning out for Burnley reserves didn't turn out to be the answer to all Rhodes' problems.

So would I, Burnley don’t have a reserve team.

lol

Edited by optimisticowl
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, jack whitham said:

You can see it clearly in Jordans face..he looks so down, think we as fans should give him as much support and encouragement as we possibly can until Jos decides on keeping him or letting him go.

What more can fans do? Yes gets some criticism on here but never heard any booing at games.

He gets thousands upon thousands each week. About time he bucked his ideas up for me.

19 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

What more can fans do? Yes gets some criticism on here but never heard any booing at games.

He gets thousands upon thousands each week. About time he bucked his ideas up for me.

That’s the thing, on here we can be critical about performances, tactics etc, but for the most part, at games, we are supportive

I'm not one who usually slags players off because I don't think anyone who plays football at any level deliberately sets out to struggle...I don't get on players backs at matches either cos' I've never seen a player who is having a mare get any better when the crowd is on his back. I am however, really disappointed that JR hasn't shown us what he is capable of and in that respect he is probably the most disappointing player we have signed for a long time. However, if Jos keeps picking him then he needs to get his act together before the other injured strikers are fit because once they are he won't get a look in if not performing. Like Jos says if you are performing it doesn't matter what age you are so it looks as though he won't carry anyone regardless of age, reputation or fee paid

On 23/01/2018 at 21:41, Wakefield owl said:

Not trying to make anyone look silly - I would expect many on here have played at a higher level than I have. Also playing does not always mean you understand the game very well, look at some of the tv pundits.

So now you should be a TV pundit:tango:

Unbelievable Geoff 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

It’s hard to see who would take Rhodes at the moment Perhaps only Hull and Sunderland would want him Maybe a loan swap?

Needs to be a top league one side to enable him to regain his confidence and see where it goes from there. Think we've already seen that a struggling championship side is not for him atm.

23 hours ago, Walt said:

what I couldn't understand about Saturday was why that performance brought such flack for Rhodes as I thought it was one of his better displays, but the Rhodes debate has been done to death and is going nowhere, bar round and round in circles.  

Two words ...radio sheffield.  stirring it again.

On 1/23/2018 at 22:58, Holmowl said:

Youve been using stats to argue Rhodes shouldn’t play, then you want a strike partnership of Hooper-Forestieri, whose stats as a pair are absolutely dire.

Two super players who just don’t work when played up top together.

This piqued my curiosity, so I thought I'd do some research. I suspected that when you used the term "stats" what you actually meant was more akin to guesswork. So, in games when Forestieri and Hooper have started together (mainly, but not always, as the front two), our record is:

2015/6       2016/7      TOTAL

Played                                   22               5              27

Won                                      13                3              16

Drawn                                     6                1               7

Lost                                         3                1              4

For                                         38               5              43

Against                                  14               4              18

Forestieri goals                        9               2               11

Hooper goals                         12               1               13

COMBINED GOALS              21               3               24

You'll have to explain to me what is "absolutely dire" about any of that.

• Like 1

Guest RocketOwl
16 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

This piqued my curiosity, so I thought I'd do some research. I suspected that when you used the term "stats" what you actually meant was more akin to guesswork. So, in games when Forestieri and Hooper have started together (mainly, but not always, as the front two), our record is:

Hooper and Forresteri has always been our best strike force. Unfortunately they never got a sustained run together as of yet due to injuries.

Their link up last season away at Fullham was a sight. Even in playoffs year before look at how they link away at Brighton on that counter attack - sublime. Had Hooper put that away would have been one of the best goals of the season. 

Hooper dropping off, Fernando chasing last man, its something no other partnership gets near fornus. 

I also like FF and Joao when it's happened mind. A way of getting Hooper Joao and FF all playing would be excellent. At home with 3-5/2 we could probably play FF behind them.

21 hours ago, jack whitham said:

You can see it clearly in Jordans face..he looks so down, think we as fans should give him as much support and encouragement as we possibly can until Jos decides on keeping him or letting him go.

Getting subbed at Bumhole Stain didn't help him. Everyone singing 'What a waste of money' as he trailed off. First time I have heard both sets of fans singing together.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Oh god, you've done it now!

It's been a while since @Holmowl produced one of his detailed breakdowns of goals scored with Forestieri on the left vs. Forestieri upfront, but it's surely coming now. 

I suppose one last time for old time's sake couldn't do any harm. Stand by, @IstillhateSteveBould!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

So are you one of those that buys everything they say. They don't even know the laws of the game which would be a good place to start for any self respecting pundit.

My God you do have an inflated opinion of yourself don't you?

I'm looking forward to seeing you on match of the day putting Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer in their place.