Jordan Rhodes - Disaster

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I like Joao, I've always said he's worth persevering with Not sure that he will ever be prolific, but he potentially has everything you would look for in a modern striker 

Possibly he can form a good partnership with Rhodes, though I have to say, I'm sceptical Out of all our strikers, I think Forestieri is by far the best partner for Joao

However, he's currently unavailable, so Rhodes does have an opportunity to forge a partnership Please though, let's have no more of this "change the way we play to get the best out of Jordan Rhodes"

Agreed you have to have a system that best utilises the overall playing resources.

1 hour ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Agreed you have to have a system that best utilises the overall playing resources.

Whatever system, or way of playing we settle on, we have to introduce more pace into the side It was ludicrous for Carlos to totally ignore that aspect of the game 

A lot of fans, and pundits, have suggested we sign a pacy winger However, if Jos wants to set us up in a 3-5-2, or a 4-2-3-1 system, then we won’t be utilising wingers 

In that case, we could introduce speed, at full back (for the width) or up front

18 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

All great stuff, moving forward then only you are allowed to use stats and if anyone else uses them they become pointless/worthless (as per this thread).

The extended highlights show most of our play in the final third against Cardiff, you say the best way to judge a player is by watching them play, I agree, watch the highlights and tell me what Jordan Rhodes could have done better.

How about scoring from one of the two really good chances he had?

1 hour ago, Wakefield owl said:

How about scoring from one of the two really good chances he had?

How many strikers do you know with a 50% chance to goal ratio?

Thats how ridiculous you are, you must be very angry at the world to have this much hatred towards a bloke you don't know.

Maybe get a job  or a job change or get rid of the people around you, clearly you are an unhappy person.

Even Rocket says he's going to pipe down until the end of the season and take it from there, here's you still going strong.

A bit more info to my post above, Harry Kane was at 33% conversation rate last season, he had the best conversion rate in the Premier League.

Yeah, I don't think its at all unreasonable to criticise Jordan for not having a 50% conversion rate in an injury hit squad sat 17th in the league.

:ghoulguy:

8 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

A bit more info to my post above, Harry Kane was at 33% conversation rate last season, he had the best conversion rate in the Premier League.

Yeah, I don't think its at all unreasonable to criticise Jordan for not having a 50% conversion rate in an injury hit squad sat 17th in the league.

:ghoulguy:

Just touched on this in another thread. From the four chances on Saturday (2 João, 2 Rhodes) how many would you expect us to convert? For me it’s got to be a bare minimum of 1. I don’t want this to be another player x y b slaggin session but until we start converting we are going to be in trouble. If you add the combined Championship goals tally together for the rest of our strikers they are less than Hooper’s.

37 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Thats how ridiculous you are, you must be very angry at the world to have this much hatred towards a bloke you don't know.

Maybe get a job  or a job change or get rid of the people around you, clearly you are an unhappy person.

Even Rocket says he's going to pipe down until the end of the season and take it from there, here's you still going strong.

We shall see.

Though would be great if true.

And DJ.

FFS

3 minutes ago, Walt said:

Just touched on this in another thread. From the four chances on Saturday (2 João, 2 Rhodes) how many would you expect us to convert? For me it’s got to be a bare minimum of 1. I don’t want this to be another player x y b slaggin session but until we start converting we are going to be in trouble. If you add the combined Championship goals tally together for the rest of our strikers they are less than Hooper’s.

Honestly, If we had been creating 4 decent chances per game like that all season, I would expect us to take one of them.

The problem is, our strikers haven't been getting clear chances like that on a regular basis for 2 seasons.

We simply haven't created enough consistently since the play off final.

From about September we have been relying on our players to be converting at a rate of 100%.

Now it is up for debate what a clear cut chance is, I would say we had 1 against Cardiff, the Joao 1v1.

Rhodes 1v1 was more instinctive and he was under more pressure, plus he made the keeper work.

The 2 headers for me were half chances.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Honestly, If we had been creating 4 decent chances per game like that all season, I would expect us to take one of them.

The problem is, our strikers haven't been getting clear chances like that on a regular basis for 2 seasons.

We simply haven't created enough consistently since the play off final.

From about September we have been relying on our players to be converting at a rate of 100%.

Now it is up for debate what a clear cut chance is, I would say we had 1 against Cardiff, the Joao 1v1.

Rhodes 1v1 was more instinctive and he was under more pressure, plus he made the keeper work.

The 2 headers for me were half chances.

I see what you're saying and I tend to agree to an extent about the lack of chances, especially the lack of chances in November but I also think we do overlook some glaring misses and just seem to forget about them. I'm sounding like a broken record record here with Hooper but if any of those four falls to him then the outcome is different and we score a minimum of one if not two. Goals do mask performances and certainly a lack of converting does. I guarantee if Joao and Rhodes had converted those chances there would be threads on here acclaiming Jos on getting some much needed supply and creativity into the side. All fine margins.

2 minutes ago, Walt said:

I see what you're saying and I tend to agree to an extent about the lack of chances, especially the lack of chances in November but I also think we do overlook some glaring misses and just seem to forget about them. I'm sounding like a broken record record here with Hooper but if any of those four falls to him then the outcome is different and we score a minimum of one if not two. Goals do mask performances and certainly a lack of converting does. I guarantee if Joao and Rhodes had converted those chances there would be threads on here acclaiming Jos on getting some much needed supply and creativity into the side. All fine margins.

Strikers with a 33% conversion rate are worth over 100 million, Harry Kane scored 1 in 3 chances last season.

I'd say Jordan Rhodes as missed about 5 decent chances this season, 2 of those were against Cardiff.

That should highlight our huge lack of creativity which is a combination of a defensive set up and the lack of creativity in midfield.

I entered this thread talking about fine margins, the best Rhodes chance should have been slotted down the GKs left into the bottom corner, if he does that then he wouldn't be getting this, what I would call abuse.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Strikers with a 33% conversion rate are worth over 100 million, Harry Kane scored 1 in 3 chances last season.

I'd say Jordan Rhodes as missed about 5 decent chances this season, 2 of those were against Cardiff.

That should highlight our huge lack of creativity which is a combination of a defensive set up and the lack of creativity in midfield.

I entered this thread talking about fine margins, the best Rhodes chance should have been slotted down the GKs left into the bottom corner, if he does that then he wouldn't be getting this, what I would call abuse.

That's where I disagree as I think he's had more than his fair share of opportunities but what I couldn't understand about Saturday was why that performance brought such flack for Rhodes as I thought it was one of his better displays, but the Rhodes debate has been done to death and is going nowhere, bar round and round in circles.  

2 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Hatred - how on earth do you draw that conclusion? You obviously have not read previous posts of mine when I've actually stated the opposite. Just shows how flawed your thought process is. Also we all know Jordan has missed a lot of good chances this season.

You are also wrong with your thoughts about me - I actually have a very good job thank you and I'm very happy in life perhaps my only downside is that I tolerate too many fools. 

Are you also suggesting that there is something wrong with people who don't have jobs? Strange comment to make.

• Haha 1

On 20/01/2018 at 19:33, lukestheman82 said:

The kid done alright tonight, set up 2 very good chances for MoM Joao.

You don't turn from being the best Div 2 striker since Steve Bull into a sack of dogshit overnight.

Give him time and he will come good.

the whole squad needs to get injury free and fit, to give jos the chance to produce something with a cutting edge, we've so many players who are good enough but aren't available it's staggering. he's managed to keep two clean sheets in the division so far, if we could just pinch a goal here or there until we get the bigger hitters back. even then if he's going to play longer (and hooper is available) he needs a target, is that target fletcher and/or nuhiu? or can someone else physically realistically lead the line?

On 20/01/2018 at 19:36, selbyowls said:

Back him and give him some confidence, nearly everybody on here wanted to sign him, biggest thread ever.

Play to his strength and hes the best striker in the championship and its proven.

seriously, what is his strength?, he has been class elsewhere, and it seems we don't (at present) suit him, but what do we need to do to get his best out of him? if we are going to play a longer ball will he turn out to be more effective than hooper in supporting a target man?