Jordan Rhodes - Disaster

4 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Here you are telling everyone who will listen about how much debt we are in.

Well played Mr Positive.

That's the best you can do? Really !?

The club's own accounts show we are in abundant debt; perhaps the highest in our history (of course, there is some mitigation for this). Remarks from club representatives have alluded to it more recently. And the inferences are clear that we are approaching the limits of FFP.

But if you demand nothing less than Stalinist positivity to the cause, then yes, I'm guilty. Remind me again that this is a football forum where an exchange of views are welcomed?

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

That's the best you can do? Really !?

The club's own accounts show we are in abundant debt; perhaps the highest in our history (of course, there is some mitigation for this). Remarks from club representatives have alluded to it more recently. And the inferences are clear that we are approaching the limits of FFP.

But if you demand nothing less than Stalinist positivity to the cause, then yes, I'm guilty. Remind me again that this is a football forum where an exchange of views are welcomed?

During CCs first season you disappeared, far too much going right, you and nothing to talk about.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

That's special pleading. Their goals v minutes are VERY dissimilar. But Rhodes' are quite similar to Kieran Lee's.

Starting games is important, this season Hoopers been given a much bigger opportunity than Jordan.

Striker PLD G YC RC
14 (6)  3 1 0
14 (13)  6 1 0
23 (2)  11 2 0
4 (11)  2 1 0
6 (10)  2 0 0
2 (5)  1 0 0
2 (1)  0 1

Just now, Sgt Wednesday said:

During CCs first season you disappeared, far too much going right, you and nothing to talk about.

WOW !

I almost feel sorry for you that you committed something like that to a public forum. But you're not exactly a stranger to such ad hominem petulance are you?

What's this about "obsessive"? Do you keep a log or something?

:laugh:

Well of course, after Saturday's game I was involved in threads praising Jones, Reach, Joao and just about the whole team actually. I even acknowledged Rhodes had done fairly well, apart from one glaring miss. 

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

WOW !

I almost feel sorry for you that you committed something like that to a public forum. But you're not exactly a stranger to such ad hominem petulance are you?

What's this about "obsessive"? Do you keep a log or something?

:laugh:

Well of course, after Saturday's game I was involved in threads praising Jones, Reach, Joao and just about the whole team actually. I even acknowledged Rhodes had done fairly well, apart from one glaring miss. 

We seem to disagree on many things, we have clashed over many subjects, why wouldn't I remember you?

You also can't deny that you were nowhere to be seen during our best season for a long, long time.

Edited by Sgt Wednesday

2 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

We seem to disagree on many things, we have clashed over many subjects, why wouldn't I remember you?

Even I have no recollection what I was posting about two years ago!

And I'm sorry to disappoint you, I have no memory of any history we might have had then, or at any other time in the past.

Edited by DJMortimer

The one thing that I am most disappointed about with Rhodes and I think I may speak for many here. Is the amount of chances that he has missed.  (good chances)

Years ago if the same opportunities had fallen to another striker and he missed, We would all have been saying Rhodes would have burried that, if only we had him.

Guest RocketOwl
3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The one thing that I am most disappointed about with Rhodes and I think I may speak for many here. Is the amount of chances that he has missed.  (good chances)

Years ago if the same opportunities had fallen to another striker and he missed, We would all have been saying Rhodes would have burried that, if only we had him.

The most dissapointing thing for me is how he runs. 

Edited by RocketOwl

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Even I have no recollection what I was posting about two years ago!

And I'm sorry to disappoint you, I have no memory of any history we might have had then, or at any other time in the past.

Thats fair enough, you will just have to take my word for it, I have a memory.

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

The most dissapointed thing for me is how he runs. 

He never imuaed to run like a ....

Lets just say Jordan took one of his 2 chances against Cardiff and we won 1-0, what would you have done then?

There is every chance that if he scuffs one in, then he could go on a decent run of scoring, are you still going to make it your personal battle to ruin him.

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Lets just say Jordan took one of his 2 chances against Cardiff and we won 1-0, what would you have done then?

There is every chance that if he scuffs one in, then he could go on a decent run of scoring, are you still going to make it your personal battle to ruin him.

I would have been very happy but he didn't did he?

If Fessi hadn't been injured all season we may have come in the top 6 again. But he is.

Rhodes has scored other goals where we were told that would ignite his career - so why would a goal agaisnt Cardiff have been any different? 

Some fans are desperately trying to ignore what is obviously in front of them here. I have no issues with Rhodes - I am debating with those who think he's not got worse as a player.

2 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

If I went to work and didn't perform for over a year do you think my boss would accept my lack of confidence.

Professinal football players are paid vast amounts of money per week and in any case I don't see this as a confidence thing - it's just a case of a player burning out quickly like Toress:

If you went to work for a poo boss and all your colleges and you were all underperforming would you get the sack?

46 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

Ok because i don't hang on your every word I must have missed it.

But i'm sure I just read that your only previous contribution to this thread was a list of stats.

You replied to it, so I assume you saw it.

:huh:

But you did miss the nuance. I did not say "only" contribution, I posted "much of".

So as you clearly not willing to answer my question I will leave it at that...

I answered the question. TWICE. What you mean is that I didn't give the answer you were looking for.

So as you clearly not willing to answer my question I will leave it at that,as I am bored reading you and Rocket bang on about Rhodes.

In fact I am starting to find both your attitudes embarrassing how you obsessively slate a Wednesday player.

Can't play tennis on my own. 

Why do you get quite so hostile about someone making a reasonable, logical case for a footballer with a big reputation not playing very well? What exactly have I posted that is so objectionable? I certainly haven't resorted to abuse and name-calling, of you or the player himself. In this particular case I have taken the main (some might say 'only') reason for persisting with Rhodes and shown beyond question that he has utterly failed in that regard so far. Outside of the box, he is arguably handily outperformed by every other striker we have on the books. 

Edited by DJMortimer

18 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

The most dissapointing thing for me is how he runs. 

But we didnt buy him for the way he runs though did we. We brought him to put away exactly the chances he has been missing.

Only time you will ever see me criticize him on here is when he misses chances that Jordan Rhodes should be finishing in his sleep.

31 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Starting games is important, this season Hoopers been given a much bigger opportunity than Jordan.

Striker PLD G YC RC
14 (6)  3 1 0
14 (13)  6 1 0
23 (2)  11 2 0
4 (11)  2 1 0
6 (10)  2 0 0
2 (5)  1 0 0
2 (1)  0 1

Player      Mins Played      Goals      Assists     (This Season)

Hooper         1931                10            3            22 starts 

Rhodes         1289                4             1            13 starts

Hooper         1448                 6             3          17 starts (Last Season)
Rhodes        1372                 3             1           14 starts

That's just Championship games. Take your point about starting games but you could also argue coming on after 60 mins against a tiring defence is easier.

Edited by Walt

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

But we didnt buy him for the way he runs though did we. We brought him to put away exactly the chances he has been missing.

Only time you will ever see me criticize him on here is when he misses chances that Jordan Rhodes should be finishing in his sleep.

When he scored four against us he ran like a powerful dynamic striker which allowed him to score two one on ones.

Hes never going to score a one on one for us - his running is now slow and weak.

18 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

I would have been very happy but he didn't did he?

If Fessi hadn't been injured all season we may have come in the top 6 again. But he is.

Rhodes has scored other goals where we were told that would ignite his career - so why would a goal agaisnt Cardiff have been any different? 

Some fans are desperately trying to ignore what is obviously in front of them here. I have no issues with Rhodes - I am debating with those who think he's not got worse as a player.

Ok so Jordan Rhodes scored goals for fun at this level with Blackburn then got a move to Middlesbrough, he helped them to the Premier League with his goals towards the end of that season.

He then got to the Premier League but didn't play much and was moved on to us, we paid a decent fee for him but he's struggling to find his best form, your answer to that is that he's done, he's finished.

In contrast both Gary Madine and Leon Clarke have been bouncing around League One/Two and yet they are now in the Championship and scoring regular goals.

How can that be?