Conor O'Grady

7 minutes ago, dfoster said:

What was the team / score? Heard there might be a couple that have caught his eye

Niel had posted a thread a little earlier. 

The under 18s walloped an under 16s hull side 8-0 yes 8-0 at middlewood. 

The under 23s drew 1-1 in Birmingham agaist by all accounts a very strong brummie side with a certain formerly banned piggy chet, che, Ches, or whatever he was called. lol

Edited by shezzas left peg

42 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Is penny also bud, as don't remember seeing him mention in the team either... That said Jos has seen how awful he was on Friday, probably even after Loovens rashness was probably the worst player on the pitch, so hell maybe give my gran a chance, shes probably quicker too. lol

Haha was supposed to say how awful fox was on Friday lol. 

Should proof read more often, before submitting. lol

45 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Is penny also bud, as don't remember seeing him mention in the team either... That said Jos has seen how awful fox was on Friday, probably even after Loovens rashness was probably the worst player on the pitch, so hell maybe give my gran a chance, shes probably quicker too. lol

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Any body know owt about him, such as how tall is he, is he a physical player etc?.

He’s over 6 foot but still needs to fill out a bit, at the minute he’s quite skinny and slow. Reads the game well and is a strong tackler. As someone else said did alright v Cambridge last year. I wouldn’t want to put him in for a league game just yet, but this would be a good test for him to see where he’s at. 

20 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Niel had posted a thread a little earlier. 

The under 18s walloped an under 16s hull side 8-0 yes 8-0 at middlewood. 

The under 23s drew 1-1 in Birmingham agaist by all accounts a very strong brummie side with a certain formerly banned piggy chet, che, Ches, or whatever he was called. lol

Cheers

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Is penny also bud, as don't remember seeing him mention in the team either... That said Jos has seen how awful he was on Friday, probably even after Loovens rashness was probably the worst player on the pitch, so hell maybe give my gran a chance, shes probably quicker too. lol

Don’t believe Penney is cup tied pal, chance of seeing him tomorrow for sure. Don’t think he’s been out on loan this season.

I think he’ll stick with the 3 it worked.

Might see Penney in for Fox who will move to CH with Pudil playing sweeper.

Would like Matias to get a start although I’m not sure where in a three unless he plays him and Reach off Joao with 2 CM in behind.

Id stick with it myself. 

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I may be thinking of someone else but didn’t he start for us in a cup game a few seasons ago and really struggled? If it was him hopefully will have improved which I’m sure he has. 

He started in the League Cup game at Cambridge last season. We lost 2-1 but he acquitted himself well (as I believe the football cliche goes)...

In tonight's game, I'd play the defence that's expected to start against Cardiff.

And given that Venancio and Pudil are going to be our only available senior CB cover, we really should be playing these two as our CB pairing tonight in preparation for the weekend.  The more minutes they get together, the better.

I get the appeal of blooding some younger players with everything to prove, but there's a time and a place for that.  Right now, we need to take our opposition seriously tonight.  Our defence in particular, is the most under-strength part of our team as it is.  I'd rather not weaken it further by introducing an inexperienced youngster into the mix.

Also, tonight is a very good opportunity for a comfortable win if we treat the cup game with the respect it deserves.  Our players could do with a confidence-boost after the Cowboy Carvalhal fiasco.  We should use this game to play our strongest team available, build confidence in front of our home fans by scoring goals and keeping it tight at the back and try and get a settled side for the Cardiff match.

We should play a strong team hopefully ( and it’s not a given because it’s wednesday ) get two or three goals up and then bring the kids on for the last 15 / 20 mins. Blood them in gradually. Our problem is we never get that 2 / 3 goal lead to do this. Under Carlos we were either losing 1-0 or winning 1-0 and we could never risk bringing on a couple of kids. Fair dos to  Jos he brought the young lad on at the Lane Carlos would never done that. 

Edited by brazilowl

15 hours ago, Warringtonowl said:

Happen to agree. I think the back 3 was more about matching up with the pigs. I dont know much about Jos and whether he normally plays back 3 but even if he did given the number of available defenders he wouldnt do it as par for the course in the current situation  anyway unless the situation required it. See it alot no when teams that dont normally do 3 at the back go 3 at the back to combat an opponent in that formation. 

He usually plays 4-2-3-1 so yes, you're right, the 3 at the back was just to match them up.