Wildsmith

1 minute ago, modboy said:

Be tempted to save Westwood's wages and play wildsmith as #1 

Possibly a million saved in wages straight away 

I don’t think it’s fair to write KW off that quick. He’s been excellent for us and Joe may still have spells of poor form. But they need to push each other.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluesteel said:

I don’t think it’s fair to write KW off that quick. He’s been excellent for us and Joe may still have spells of poor form. But they need to push each other.

Westwood's great but if ffp is biting and we can reinvest elsewhere it could be a good option all around 

1 hour ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

I always put the nistakes down to nervousness - now he has had a decent run  in the team, he seems to fit there now  - even to the point of commanding his box on crosses. That was his 7th start in a row and the confidence shows. Don't forget, all his other performances have been in bits, only stepping in when Westwood was injured. Not easy for a young player in a key position.

Two penalty saves in a month as well!

Very good point, especially given Westwood has been one of our top performers and one of the top goalkeepers in the division in the past couple of years - big shoes to step into when you are only doing so on the odd occasion, must intensify the pressure to perform a bit.

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

some seemed to think he should have gone out on a season long loan ,  good job he didn't .

I thought he should have - and haven't changed my mind

Playing week in, week out is a much different proposition to filling in now and again

No keeper that has ever lived has not be prone to errors and being erratic in the their professional formative years

Another fantastic performance from him which still makes me so angry with Carlos for playing an unfit Westwood against United at Hillsborough. I'm still convinced that Wildsmith would have saved at least two of the goals that they scored.

Why didnt Carlos believe in his backup keeper and insist on playing Westwood when he was injured, especially in a game of that magnitude? Its not as if Wildsmith hadn't proven his worth already.

He's been in great form for a few weeks now and it's only those in front of him that let him down.

He deserved the only applause at the end of the game vs Burton.

Outstanding save and seemed to find an extra inch in the last fraction of a second whilst falling backwards.

The future is in very good hands.

15 minutes ago, scram said:

Actually he is not a world away from the keeper who played against Boro

And this is where fans have to be understanding - he's a young guy who despite having great talent - he will make mistakes

He is undoubtedly a fine prospect - but all young keepers have "those" moments - and Joe almost certainly will too

Displays like tonight show maturity beyond his years and if he can maintain that level and kick on then his future is extremely bright

Exactly, our fanbase has been so slavering for evidence of Carlosisms last 12 months, any slight slip from a young kid playing second fiddle between the sticks got pounced on like he was the new Gary Sprake.

Well, CC’s gone now and Joe is a cracking talent at ANY age, never mind 22 - that’s reception years for a goalie.

Bloody brilliant that we’ve got Westwood 2.0 lined up. Will be a key player for years if we can keep him.

8 minutes ago, OxOwl said:

hope he reads this Forum .I want to BUY him Pints shots and hookers!  UTO WAWAW

reminded me of scenes from the Kevin Pressman how he tipped that over bar flipping quality. 

He comes in our local every now and then, wire me the money and I'll get them for him the next time he's in :picnic:

• Haha 2